Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
do you know if a quickshift from Panigale 899 \ 1199 -( an original part ) will fit my 2015 streetfighter 848?

on the shift lever itself written on the back - 5189-91 C14
any experience with that?

thanks

uri

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
The connector looks the same but the unit does not look like it will fit properly even when you extend it out to reach.

It won't hurt anything to test it out... if I was you I would try fitting it on and doing some dry shifts to see if it is in a feasible position.

If so, then turn the DQS on in the display and give her a try.

--Randy

·
Registered
50 Posts
As far as I know the streetfighter ecu is not equipped with quickshifter function so even if you attach the hardware on the bike it will not do anything. If you do want a quickshifter on your SF then you need an aftermarket unit such as the annitori QS pro which I am using and can recommend.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I investigated this a while back, have a Pani QS, a for-the-848 DP QS and a 2012 SF848. The internals (it's only a pretensioned microswitch) are the same. The connectors are not - that's actually why I back-burnered the Pani investigation due to a fellow forum member making the for-the-848 part available at a very fair price. On eyeballing it, only minor mods would have to be done to the linkage for the Pani part to physically work. I guess a nice 2 conductor WeatherPack connector could be placed to electrically graft the Pani cable to the SF harness. Due to the amount of unexpected rain where I live I wouldn't want to find out what happens if a crappy connection got wet and signalled the ECU that the switch was closed. One would hope that it would just throw a CEL and disable DQS but I'm not willing to be the guinea pig for that! Also, DQS is definitely enabled in the ECU in the 2012 SF848s. I seem to recall that is the earlier 1098s (that's plural, not the S model I'm referring to) that didn't have DQS capability in the ECU flash?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cannot try it, this is a part from ebay that I thought to buy.

the SF do have a DQS ready, that mean if you will buy the correct DUCATI part (96524412A) for the SF - you will have q.s

its only one connector and need to set DQS to "ON" in the LCD.

the Panigale part has a different serial number than the SF part... but I was curious if it can be fitted

·
Registered
798 Posts
I cannot try it, this is a part from ebay that I thought to buy.

the SF do have a DQS ready, that mean if you will buy the correct DUCATI part (96524412A) for the SF - you will have q.s

its only one connector and need to set DQS to "ON" in the LCD.

the Panigale part has a different serial number than the SF part... but I was curious if it can be fitted
I'll get a picture or two of the Pani part I have held up to the DP QS on an SF848 as soon as I can find the Pani part. I recently moved and am not quite sure where all my stuff is. I recall that it would fit if one of the linkages was modded - can't remember if it needed to be longer or shorter.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
o.k - so this is the final answer that close that issue

thank u all :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Reverse or GP shift

If you use reverse or the more popular name GP shift, do I need the pani gale QS or the stock street fighter QS?

I always use the reverse shift and like the QS.

·
Registered
798 Posts
You have me interested in looking at the Pani QS re reverse shift. I have the Pani part but life got in the way of pursuing it further. Due to some foot/ankle issues (as a result of a 1976 injury from a Kawi H2 750 crash, I have much more strength pushing down versus pulling up and getting worse with age) I'm getting interested in the reverse shift pattern so will get back on my investigation.

Addendum: I think Tripod's correct re push vs pull but that's also why the reverse shift concept may require that. Or I'm just tired and have the mechanics of it wrong in my head..

·
Premium Member
3,119 Posts
If you use reverse or the more popular name GP shift, do I need the pani gale QS or the stock street fighter QS?

I always use the reverse shift and like the QS.

If you reverse shift the 848 then the pani would work. I have one if you are interested in trying it.
I haven't looked to see if there would be clearance at the clutch slave.

·
Registered
227 Posts
The Annitori QS Pro is another option to consider and works really well on the SF1098. On my 2nd season with it and makes it a lot easier to do extremely long power wheelies... ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did the panigale quicksifter : added the right connector and shortened the sifterrod bij some 25mm or one of your inches.
Now it works but its a bit strange : think the pre load on the switch is to high.
First the gear is shifted and after that the switch makes the signal.
Anybody any clue how to change this? Can i simply open or unscrew it?

@muntuha : you didnt have this issue?
Its a 2012 1098S

1 - 19 of 19 Posts