Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know any that would work well on a 749?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How bad was the install? Is it dificult, or just time consuming?

·
Registered
134 Posts
difficult and time consuming but you get a choice of cams. 1/4 (stock), 1/5, and 1/6. air box has to come apart and that isn't much fun, but once your done it's a blast. I'm using the 1/6 the 1/5 was just to close to stock for me. no more choking up to get W.O.T that's for sure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the links, I think I'll give it a shot. Just ordered one. Any tips? the throttle assembly looks easy enough, but what about connecting to the throttle body?

·
Registered
134 Posts
getting the air box lid off is a pain in the ass, cause the front screw is blocked by the frame. had to pop the box out of it's rubber rings to get to the front screw. I left the front screw out so next time it wouldn't be so difficult to work on.

the other pain in butt was that the cables were thicker so you have to open up the holes where they enter the air box. there is some real small parts that are hard to hold onto where the cables attached to the throttle bodies. and then getting them adjusted is fun too. but once it's all done it's a hoot :D

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I'm using the "evo billet throttle controller":

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=38%7CAluminum%20Billet&productID=4151&showDetail=1&categoryID=455|Ducati%20749%2D999%20Billet&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

It only reduces the total twist by about 10%, but is has a nicer low throttle control.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Damn! wish i woulda saw that when I ordered my exhaust wrap from y'all the other day! I'd have been on it like a fat kid on a cupcake :)

Woulda saved me $70 over the yoyo one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts