Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, folks. For those of you who weren't aware, you can embed youtube clips directly into your posts instead of just providing the link.

Note, however, that whatever you embed will still have to comply with the TOU/rules of the road.

To do this you only need the youtube ID of the vid. When you look at a youtube link a typical URL is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7ujYl1fzhY

To get the clip ID, strip off all of the URL except the trailing "random" characters. In other words, what follows the "v=" part is the actual clip ID. In the above example it is "t7ujYl1fzhY"

To embed the video, use youtube bookends around the clip ID.

Examine this to see what you need to do:
PHP:
[MEDIA=youtube]insertCLIPi[/MEDIA] 
[MEDIA=youtube]t7ujYl1fzhY[/MEDIA]

Doing that with the ID in this sample (second in the example above) yields:

I also centered that one because it sets the video out a bit from the text. I hope you enjoy this feature, it works really well -- at least if not done to excess. ;)

If you're struggling with it a bit, I encourage you to use the test forum until you're comfortable with this; after all, that's what it's there for. :thumbsup:

Take care and, as always, enjoy the ride.
Greg

·
Premium Member
12,108 Posts
:DWhat???:DThat should take me about three days to get right then forget it the next day ! Just Kidding... Post as many tips as you like we can use the help some of us:p

·
Administrator
11,885 Posts
I'll copy this thread to the Help Forum, THANKS!

·
Administrator
11,885 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
This method no longer works.

Is there another way to embed youtube vids?

·
Administrator
11,885 Posts
This method no longer works.

Is there another way to embed youtube vids?
Seems to work perfectly, perhaps too much time in the pub for you???

·
Administrator
11,885 Posts

Yup... works :)

·
Administrator
11,885 Posts
It seems to work for me fine. Maybe you missed one of the steps to make it work. Just make sure you don't use the whole URL, only the trailing "random" characters. The one you posted here and deleted the other day was done properly BTW ;)

·
Administrator
995 Posts
Thats exasperating.
All I got when I tried to post those vids a few days ago was a link, the embedding didn't work, wonder why?:confused:

Thanks for fixing the post BTW.
Do you have a link to the post that you tried this? I would like to take a look and see what might be causing only the link to display instead of the video.

Cheers,
Sheena

·
Administrator
11,885 Posts

·
Administrator
11,885 Posts

·
Administrator
995 Posts
His post is here Sheena: http://www.ducati.ms/forums/77-sport-classic/530386-love-my-termi-s-but-2.html#post5290826

(note that I edited it to show the video, he had just used links)
Thanks for going ahead and fixing those up :)

Monstyr, when posting a youtube video like the one linked by scott, please make sure to use [ youtube] video number [/ youtube] (Minus the spaces in the brackets)
https:// www. youtube.com/watch?v=fsQYnhbI02Q
The part in the link that has been highlighted red would be the youtube number. In any youtube video, it will show up after v=
so, it would look [ youtube]fsQYnhbI02Q[/ youtube] (Again, minus the spaces)

Hope that helps explain it a little better.

~Sheena

1 - 15 of 15 Posts