Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 998 last year with what I thought was a slight oddity on the right fork but since I was planning to put Ohlins on over the winter I didn’t really care. Now I’m looking to get rid of them and while I believe in buyer beware when I purchase things I also want to represent their state accurately. Also, I’m curious.

They seemed to ride ok for the little street riding I did before removing them.

Hopefully you can see in the picture that the blue part with the clip is sticking up noticeably higher at the same preload setting. That seems wrong to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alternate theory after looking at some pictures is that the right side is correct and the left is too low. I just noticed the left does not click when adjusting the rebound (seems to have correct range though)

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Someone took the caps apart and did not assemble them correctly

You do not need to take the cap apart for most jobs so the fact they did makes me think either they did not know what they were doing, or they were replacing parts due to a crash and still did not know what they were doing. If you take the cap apart you can fix it with careful assembly as long as they have not lost parts or damaged parts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I hope OP doesn't mind me hijacking his thread, but does anyone know of where I can find a service manual for these forks? Or even the fork model number?

I'm planning to pull mine down next week for a service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts