Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually the cruise control wins but not on my 1260S . . .

Okay, you're in cruise control buzzing along in 5th gear and you now want to be cruising at the same speed only now you want to be in 6th. Normally on any bike you pull the clutch or pull the brake or push the brake (rear) or turn off the cruise control and put it into 6th gear. Now you simply hit "return" and you're back at your desired speed. But not on my 1260Sc. . .

If you want to shift up or down, then just do it and the cruise remains on throughout. It's a miracle. I like it.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
That is pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
4,261 Posts
Usually the cruise control wins but not on my 1260S . . .

Okay, you're in cruise control buzzing along in 5th gear and you now want to be cruising at the same speed only now you want to be in 6th. Normally on any bike you pull the clutch or pull the brake or push the brake (rear) or turn off the cruise control and put it into 6th gear. Now you simply hit "return" and you're back at your desired speed. But not on my 1260Sc. . .

If you want to shift up or down, then just do it and the cruise remains on throughout. It's a miracle. I like it.
similar to how you can change riding mode without any other input if you're in cruise. Maybe because the bike has full control of everything it can make sure the cruise level is maintained safely so it does...

·
Registered
64 Posts
I believe this is also a feature with bikes equipped with tuneboy's cruise package + quickshifter. It allows you to quickshift through the gears without disengaging the cruise control.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts