Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm a regular in the SportClassic corner of ducati.ms and do visit this section every now and then, but never pay too much attention to threads on "what is it worth" and the likes, mainly because I've never seriously considered a Superbike. I've always considered myself still too young :D Anyway, that may change, hence the quick questions:

1. How much was the base 1098 new (2008 model, bought in the fall of '07)
  2. What is a reasonable price for ^^ bike in the current economic climate and at the end of the riding season?
    Add reads: CF Termi slip-ons, dealer serviced, never dropped, 4,400 miles excellent condition

Haven't seen the bike in person yet, pictures look excellent and I want to be prepared before I talk with the seller.

Thanks for your feedback!

RonB

·
Registered
630 Posts
I believe the price new was $14,995.00 but couldn't swear to it.

Try here for current prices.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Ron

Andy here, I too have a sport classic , sorry we missed you on the SC run in Santa Cruz last year.
I just bought a new 09 1198 last week from a Ducati Dealership for $16K OTD , thats including tax , license and set-up.
If you check around I think some dealers may be throwing new one's OTD so to speak and you could walk away with new , with factory warranty etc.
just something to consider . :think:

·
Registered
191 Posts
$11.5 would be good for the buyer. Less than that and you are stealing. $12.5 would be good for the seller, more than that he is lucky. Just a guess.

Condition and service history are everything, as usual.

CC

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the quick answers and feedback; I'll be better prepared when I talk with the seller.

AT $16K OTD, the 1198 is definitely an option to look into, Andy. I'll see what I can find in my area. I'm still bummed that I didn't make the Cali-run this summer, but then, a man's got to do what he's got to do :( Hopefully I will be able to attend next year's but I'm not holding my breath: I've just learned that I will have to make a few extended business trips to "rural China" in the first half of the year, so I may have little flexibility in my agenda and my wife will not be overly happy to see me run off again "shortly after getting home". We'' see.

Again, thanks a lot, desmocourtney, Andy / mtnman, SportBikeMike and wazhazhe (like the time-stamp of your reply a lot :D). I will let you guys know if anything materializes.

RonB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts