Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 996 with some moods, including a PCIII. I need to reset my TPS, before I do so, do I need to load a stock map to my PCIII and set my CO trim to stock (mid setting) or can I just leave the map and CO trim as they are?

Thanks!

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
If your TPS was way off and you had a custom map made for your bike at that time, resetting your TPS would "shift" that current map. If you are using a map that wasn't generated on your bike when the TPS was way off (one from the website, as an example), the map would assume that the TPS was set correctly in the first place.
In short, make sure a map that wasn't custom-made for your bike is loaded. The CO trim shouldn't need to be adjusted.
Easy way to think of this stuff is:
for any given map, the output of the TPS shifts your position on the map horizontally,
the CO trim moves the entire map up or down.

All that being said, how did you determine that your TPS needed to be reset?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been having some issues, misfires, bogging, coughing, for a while I thought I had lost a cylinder. My bike wouldn't even run for more that 30 secs. Now I got the bike running and everything and I want to check and make sure my TPS is set to where it should be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts