Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be updating my Blog with all the details and lots of nice close up good quality photos next week....

However in the meantime here is one nice shot I got last night with the Gold 999 Marchesini finally fitted. It is a nod (not based on or a homage to), just a nod towards the 1979 Ducati 900 Endurance racer...

Thoughts, Ideas for future mods!?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Looking sweeeeet PJ,

Bring on those rotors and we will nearly be done, actually, pobably not ha!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah that's my last (probably not) step! get teh custom rotors on and then the 4P 4P Brembos and we'll be on fire! Still need a speedo healer as caculating 20% of your speed is not condictive to a relaxing ride!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I haven't noticed mate, I rarely look at my speedo :D

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nothing against personal choice but to me swapping out the spoked wheels really takes away from the style of the sport classics.

·
unM0derator
2,853 Posts
Nothing against personal choice but to me swapping out the spoked wheels really takes away from the style of the sport classics.
Agreed, but keeping them makes the bike less enjoyable on the road, and I hate having to true and tighten spokes. Not to mention having to have right angle valve stems because you can't get a air-hose fitting on the stock wheels because of spoke clearance.

Looks good!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I really like the color flow with the gold rims.

Spokes, shmokes

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys!

cheers everyone. I know a lot of people prefer the classic look of the spokes but me the sport classic and especially the S is not supposed to have spokes. it reminds me of the late 70s 900SS race bikes which had gold alloys as spokes would have added weight.

to each their own but that's my reasoning anyhoo!

oh that and less cleaning!

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I will be updating my Blog with all the details and lots of nice close up good quality photos next week....

However in the meantime here is one nice shot I got last night with the Gold 999 Marchesini finally fitted. It is a nod (not based on or a homage to), just a nod towards the 1979 Ducati 900 Endurance racer...

Thoughts, Ideas for future mods!?
your bike looks good /with those rims.

future mods - go with a theme , is it gonna be a retro tribute or do you want a modern look is there a particular style/color scheme - limited your bling anodisng to one or 2 colors - red and gold are of course classics.

where can i find your blog ?????

cheers dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
You got the wheels on at last! I`ve been waiting to see what she looks like, I bet you noticed the difference to the riding experience, I sure did. The 999 wheels look the bomb to me on these bikes, much better than the stock spokes (at the risk of opening a hornets nest!). All you need to do now is get rid of that fairing and she`ll look the business lol!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Agreed Ben!!! a 7.5kg loss in unsprung weight is huge!!! My bike is superb to ride now :cool::cool:

4P/4P calipers and all new lines are going on once our wavey rotors land and that's me done in the looks, braking and handling dept, motor work next....

I have left my wheels metallic grey - I think they also look great as they match the engine tone perfectly, gold is sweet too though.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts