Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke the damn fitting under the tank and bought a new one from FBF. Well hot damn, it's IMPOSSIBLE to get the new fitting on the fuel line. Clearly there is a trick to getting this done that I don't know about.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I have done the same and looked everywhere for cheaper fittings in metal. Anyhow what fuel line part are you talking about? If it is the part that screws into the fuel pump plate then what you need to do is depress the metal nipple on the top of the fitting and slide the metal plate off, But be careful as there is a spring under the nipple. once out and out of the way you should just be able to use a socket and screw it in.
Hope this helps, don't have pictures sorry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone figure this out as I am in the middle of this project. I tried heating the fitting and hose with hot water and that didn't work. The problem is the stiff white tube inside the soft black one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is what I did. I left the plastic female fittings in the tank, replaced the two male ones with metal ones. Replaced the hoses with regular fuel injection line (be sure the hose is metric). The original plastic male connectors were of different diameter then the two into one connector down line, so make sure you buy the male fittings that are the same size as the two into one fitting (with the original shrink hose, it works with the two different size fittings, this won't work with fuel injection hose). I wouldn't mess with the original hose, it's easy to replace the entire assembly from the two male fittings to the fitting they go into.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts