Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My plates are fried and its time for a new stack. Are you guys going with an aftermarket Barnett or the OEM? I don't have a dealer very close to me but Im out of town on business and there's a dealer 5 minutes away from my hotel, that's the reason I ask, I may just pick one up today. Thanks!

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
There is nothing wrong with oem plates. You did not mention if you were changing the basket, pressure plate etc... Most folks change brand plates when they are going for the full monty clutch upgrade. Is your machine a 750 or 900? If its a 750 with a wet clutch oem will be fine, same with a dry clutch from what I understand. Mine was shot as well as the basket so I changed everything last winter. Good luck with yours!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
'95

Sorry, sometimes I forget that they weren't ALL dry clutches. Id rather not replace everything in there, Ive already over the last two years had 2 slave cylinders, 2 pressure plates, 3 throwout bearings, and 1 actuator rod go bad. Obviously something in there is very, very not right but everythings been OK over the last couple thousand miles, the clutch plates are just what I would consider normal wear and tear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts