Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright, i am going on a trip in a week and i checked the whole bike but forgot one important thing...DRY CLUTCH WEAR....it's not slipping but it has like 1mm of friction material left....whats the acceptable limit?:eek:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Your ok, for now. The clutch material is just over a mil. when new I think. Don't know the exact spec but, don't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
You are fine. It is very little to the naked eye to begin with.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
phew, it's on order anyways. but that makes me feel better.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
According to the Haynes manual clutch plate thickness (overall plate including both sides of friction material plus the 'carrier' plate) should be 3mm with a service limit of 2.8mm or 2.5mm/2.3mm for the 'SPS' sintered plates but I'm sure they'll be fine as long as you have some material left.

Actually 1mm of friction sounds like a nearly new plate to me...

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
According to the Haynes manual clutch plate thickness (overall plate including both sides of friction material plus the 'carrier' plate) should be 3mm with a service limit of 2.8mm or 2.5mm/2.3mm for the 'SPS' sintered plates but I'm sure they'll be fine as long as you have some material left.

Actually 1mm of friction sounds like a nearly new plate to me...
My thoughts as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts