Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and was unable to find answers to a couple questions I have about the TuneBoy system. Hopefully you folks can answer them!

Are the different engine modes still available with the TuneBoy installed?

How much fiddling is there with this system? I ride my multi every day and would prefer to not lug around a laptop all the time. I basically want something nearly plug-and-play, or something that after a weekend of work will be good to go. no danger to manifold warnings ;)

I would like an exhaust and a better intake sound. This basically means a remapped ECU, I am just on the fence about the TuneBoy system, or getting the bike reflashed/dyno tuned, or going the $$$ route and buying the full termi set-up.

·
Registered
392 Posts
my experience

I have an Arrow Works exhaust with baffle in, and the stock air filter.
Before I installed Tuneboy, I was using Fatducs to help with low speed fueling, it ran OK. Then I flashed the Tuneboy Long Termi map, the bike runs great. usable rpm range dropped by at least 500 rpm, it doesn't backfire, stumble, it gets same or better gas mileage as stock, and i have CRUISE CONTROL!!! And I can reset my service light.

If you want to fiddle with Tuneboy, you certainly can do the data logging etc. Actually I was planning to take my bike to PowerTripp in Birmingham to have it mapped because they are experienced with Tuneboy. But the map I flashed runs so well I haven't felt like I needed to spend the money.

Thank you Tuneboy!!!

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
The same here for me. I am running the stock exhaust and trim file. I do plan on moving to the MIVV exhaust this winter along with the quickshifter. Once that is done I plan on data logging with my andriod smartphone and tweaking things. Right now it runs awesome on the stock maps.

I have an Arrow Works exhaust with baffle in, and the stock air filter.
Before I installed Tuneboy, I was using Fatducs to help with low speed fueling, it ran OK. Then I flashed the Tuneboy Long Termi map, the bike runs great. usable rpm range dropped by at least 500 rpm, it doesn't backfire, stumble, it gets same or better gas mileage as stock, and i have CRUISE CONTROL!!! And I can reset my service light.

If you want to fiddle with Tuneboy, you certainly can do the data logging etc. Actually I was planning to take my bike to PowerTripp in Birmingham to have it mapped because they are experienced with Tuneboy. But the map I flashed runs so well I haven't felt like I needed to spend the money.

Thank you Tuneboy!!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've got Tuneboy on my Multi and Diavel. Cruise on both and a marked improvement in driveability over the FatDucs previously installed.Seat of the pants is also impressive.:)

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts

Are the different engine modes still available with the TuneBoy installed?

How much fiddling is there with this system? I ride my multi every day and would prefer to not lug around a laptop all the time. I basically want something nearly plug-and-play, or something that after a weekend of work will be good to go. no danger to manifold warnings ;)

p.
Different engine modes remain, and are only improved.

The biggest fiddling is temporarily installing a sensor, and doing some logging to establish your own trim files, and getting this done for both cylinders.

You can also use some pre-established trim files that work very good (thus logging may not be necessary for you).

It is plug and play, and good after a weekend of effort.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Also interested in the answer to this one. I assume the modes would be available, and if a dyno-tune is to be done, it's done in sport mode and the mapping carries through to the other modes.
Tuning doesn't change in the different modes. At any given combination of air density, temperature, throttle and load the correct air/fuel ratio won't change.

All that happens in the different modes is max throttle opening (limited to 100 HP in Urban and Enduro) and throttle response (slowed down in Touring speeded up in Sport).

TuneBoy is dead easy to install (took me 5 minutes) and works a treat :)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Also interested in the answer to this one. I assume the modes would be available, and if a dyno-tune is to be done, it's done in sport mode and the mapping carries through to the other modes.
absolutly.
as oleary points out, all modes are availabe.
all modes share a common map and its this map that can be modified for tuning, either manually (tuned yourself ie creating your own trim map) or pre-defined by loading pre built trim maps.

with no trim map loaded you just have the stock tune.

to get the best out of the system, a good dyno operator will work absolute magic for yor bike.

its like going from crunchy peanut butter to smooth ...
and discovering how much you like smooth !

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Excellent! He ran my 1198 a while back. Good to know he can do Tuneboy! I'm waiting to see how the quickshifter is working for those who did the group buy, then I'll pull the trigger on the next group buy.

Cheers and thanks!

Rob
Nels did the MicroTech 197 on my 848>1040 race bike and we have since discussed doing the TuneBoy on my MTS but haven't gotten around to it yet.

He has already done at least a couple of MTS/TuneBoy setups and he says they are dead easy :)

FYI, I bought two of these puppies: Innovate Motor Sports On-Line Store so we can access the rear O2 port. Trick is to remove the shock (2 bolts) and install for the tune. I decided to put the same fitting in the front just so they match and Nels says this should work just fine. The alternative to this setup is to pull both header pipes a weld in 18 mm bungs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thought I would revive this thread rather than make a new one. I bought a midpipe, and plan on getting the full Tuneboy kit soon. Can anyone tell me if the OTS maps from Tuneboy disable CEL when removing the servo valve? I've searched a lot for this, but I can't find the answer. Can I just remove the whole servo valve assembly including cables? The midpipe I bought doesn't come with the little lever that attaches to the servo like the Leo Vince pipe. Also, is the wideband o2 sensor only needed if I plan on having it dyno'd?

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
If I understood your question correctly, Yes TB will disable the Exhaust valve error when you remove the servo. And yes you can remove everything, cables and servo. Correct you only need the wideband O2 sensor if you plan on data logging AF ratios or for tuning.

IMO Tuneboy is great addition, well worth it. The Quick Shifter and absolutely awesome once you have it....never thought I would use it...but honestly that ended up being the best feature for me.
Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cool, so I don't have to adjust any settings in the map for that? Will it automatically disable the CEL for the servo? Also, from what I read, with wideband sensor I could take data logs and just email them back to Tuneboy to have him fine tune my map for me, and maybe not have to take it to a dyno at all. Is that correct? Thanks TiDuc!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Front cylinder oxygen sensor

Tuneboy quickshift installed, amazing for sure.
Since the quick shift is connected to the front cylinder oxygen sensor it is obvious that the sensor is no longer connected to anything.
Is there any reason why I can't remove the sensor and block the connection in the exhaust header?
Without the oxygen sensor how does the front cylinder get monitored for correct fuel air ratio?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,112 Posts
Antigravity, with the tuning key and wideband sensor, you can datalog and remapp yourself, the software does all the calculation for you automatically. So you do not need to send anything back to have a map created, you do it....the software for that is pretty simple and straight forward. Also it automatically disables the exhaust servo error code, nothing to tick or change.

Flattrack, yes you can remove both O2 sensors and plug the holes if you like, they are not active. Now the bike runs strictly off the fuel maps, it is not trying to constantly readjust itself.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts