Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, was hoping I could get some opinions and advice on something. Recently I bought a bike from someone and noticed also in their garage was an older ducati. I've never owned one before but knew it was an early to mid 90's bike. It has the 750 supersport desmodue decals on the side fairings. They are half fairings. Owner didnt have the paperwork on hand since I was there for a different bike and I didnt have time to hang around unfortunatly for him to get it. Based on some quick research it looks to be a 92-95 year range. Waiting on the vin to confirm. It does have 33k miles and was supposedly owned by a ducati tech and was fully serviced not long ago. Overall decent shape but could use some detailing. Didnt hear it run as the battery was dead.

He said hes willing to sell it and told me he would be around the $2500 area. I've barely found any of these for sale so hard to see what they are worth. I see what hagerty and nada says but I know those sites can be off. Anyone have an idea on value? I'd primarily be buying to resell as that's what I do but would love to ride it and see what its all about. Dont want to get in over my head and lose money though. I'll include the only picture I was able to get. Thanks everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,831 Posts
Old saying: “ There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Ducati”
I‘ve ever seen one yet that didn’t require work ( $ ) My opinion is that price is high .
Carbs will need rebuild even if it’s in good shape, new battery, belts, tires.
If you can do all the work and nothing additional is wrong count on dumping $ 600 in it to get it on the road.
Check for tank rusting through at the corners.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Old saying: “ There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Ducati”
I‘ve ever seen one yet that didn’t require work ( $ ) My opinion is that price is high .
Carbs will need rebuild even if it’s in good shape, new battery, belts, tires.
If you can do all the work and nothing additional is wrong count on dumping $ 600 in it to get it on the road.
Check for tank rusting through at the corners.
This is why I'm waiting on the service records he said he should have. Claimed the previous owner who was a tech went completely through it just prior to him buying it. Of course no paperwork means it probably wasn't done and in that case I'd pass right away. Tires looked new but didnt check the date codes. Was only able to quickly look at it the day I was there. Battery had juice but not enough to start the bike, he put it on a tender when I left. But not sure of it's running condition. Most likely will walk away since I dont want to end up in the hole should it need a lot. I was really trying to see what a nice shape bike is going for these days to see if I could make him a realistic offer and possibly still make some cash reselling. Might be a different story If I was buying to collect but right now just flipping bikes.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
looks like a 93 that's had the black wheels repainted. 94 has dual front discs. well, euro ones did. the usa got some weird stuff, but i thought they'd discontinued the 750 in the usa before 94 because that's when the 900ss/cr arrived.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks like a 93 that's had the black wheels repainted. 94 has dual front discs. well, euro ones did. the usa got some weird stuff, but i thought they'd discontinued the 750 in the usa before 94 because that's when the 900ss/cr arrived.
I was leaning towards it being a 93 based on my searching. The silver wheels did throw me off a bit. I'll know for sure when the owner sends me the vin so I can run it and be sure. I had never seen one of these before so figured I'd get more info. Cant find any for sale either. And when trying to get Values for a 94/95, sites dont list those years. They list the 92 and 93 though.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I hate to say it but whenever I hear “owned by a Ducati Tech” followed by “he went through it before sale” I honestly cringe.

90% of the time it’s BS..... there just aren't that many Ducati techs unloading their bikes.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
It is all going to be determined by how much you have to do to it. Battery dead-maybe charge, maybe new battery., --Serviced not long ago?? How long?-if over a year it needs an annual service-if the belts are over 3 years old they need to be replaced. I see it has a Corbin saddle thats nice for riding but does he still have the original saddle?. If it has been sitting with stale fuel in the tank-(especially if it has ethanol in it) you could be looking at a new fuel pump--you will not know until you turn on the key with a good battery--if the pump is good you will hear it running--dont hear the pump-probably need to replace.

·
Premium Member
4,170 Posts
It also would be kind of you to post up the location of the bike if you do not decide to buy as some members would be happy to buy one.

Carby 750's are not common in the Us as they were only brought in for a few years, in the north east I only know of a couple of them on the road yet have that same number of track 750's because most went to race duty up here as it was a good bike for the class. If you are just looking to flip it for a fast buck it is probably not the right bike but if you want like rare ducati's then it might be more valuable than a 900cr SOMEDAY as it is likely more rare in the US.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts