Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S2R1000 may have a bad ECU. I have running issues at high RPMs at WOT and error codes P0351 and P0352 for both coils. I've read that this could be due to a bad ECU.

I'm looking for information on swapping ECUs. My ECU is IAW5AMHW610. Can I get any used ECU that is also IAW5AMHW610 and swap it, reflash it, and have it work with my bike? I would be using JPDiag or TuneECU to reflash. Will I run into issues with my immobilizer etc? For example, can I use a ECU off a 1098, reflash it, and use it on my S2R1000?

Other than the hardware versions (IAW5AMHW610), is there anything else I have to look out for such as firmware? Anything else?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1098, etc, don't have the immo like the earlier 3 key bikes, so you can flash them without immo issues.
Hey Brad, first let me say that I've read a lot of articles and really appreciate the details that you put into them. There aren't many people that put in the sort of technical details that you do. So thank you!

Do you foresee any other issues using a 1098 ECU on a S2R1000?

Are there any special procedures I have to take? Can I just pull the old ECU out, put in the new ECU, connect JPDiag/TuneECU, turn the key on, and reflash the ECU with S2R1000 map?

I tried searching but couldn't find a definition for "virgin" ECU. I've also heard of de-virgining, re-virgining etc. Could someone be so kind to explain this to me?

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
no issues, i do it all the time. fit it, flash map in. make sure you get the earth cable when bolting it in.

reset tps, set idle mixture if it's open loop.

virgin means "not coded to an immo unit and key set". usually means new from factory. you can re-virginise with some tools, mine can be hit and miss altho i haven't tried for a long time and the 59m external immo bikes - st4s, s4 - could be a nightmare all round.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed some differences between "5AM" ECUs among different models of bike. The first picture is from my S2R1000 and the second is from an 848 Streetfighter. My ECU says "IAW5AM.BS/HW610" and the Streetfighter one says "IAW5AM.GE/HW610". There are also differences in some of the other numbers but the "BS" and "GE" is what I am mainly concerned about. What are the differences between these 2. Are these 2 ECUs interchangeable?

Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
Not an answer to your question but on the older 59m ECU i have one called 1A and one is 8A or something like that. They do however have the same HW number and thats normally what counts. I bought an 1098 ECU that i used in my S4 when i did an ECU upgrade fron 59m to 5Am and flashed it with a S4r 996 map and it all turned out good so I would not worry to much.

Jocke

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Maybe the immo settings can be transfered if needed, the co setting can. At Guzzidiag there is a special eeprom reader/writer. That can read and write the eeprom memory of the ecu. The more changing memory. Where errors, Co settings and more are stored. Could be that the immo is there too. But also it could be that the value stored is connected to the ecu serial, then you have nothing in transfering immo.

As we have no Immo on guzzi, hard to test for us what is neeed for immo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts