Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question, but I know nothing about the EVO's.
I'm buying another forum member's 2010, 1100 EVO standard (No SP).
It's had the ECU reflashed, a full Zard & full MWR air cleaner. Can I put a PCV on it and have a custom mape made?
If so, which PCV do I want?
Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Just go to dynojets website . It will tell you which one for that bike and the site also has downloadable maps for your bike with whichever mods u have . Indy super bikes has best price on power commander V's . A custom map made on a dyno would be best by far . Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Also , installing a pcv is a breeze , so save your money on the labor and use it for a dyno run to create a map for YOUR bike specifically !! Pm me if you need any help as I would be more than happy to

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes you can.

The PCV for the EVO models comes with a supplimentary unit called an o2 optimiser or o2 optimizer for you yanks :)

The pertinent question to ask the current owner is whether the o2 sensors/Lambdas were disabled as part of the ECU reflash. If so then you will not need to run the o2 optimizer, simply disconnect it from the PCV unit.

I'll assume the exhaust valve has been disabled and removed should it have the full zard system.

Good luck.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you can.

The PCV for the EVO models comes with a supplimentary unit called an o2 optimiser or o2 optimizer for you yanks :)

The pertinent question to ask the current owner is whether the o2 sensors/Lambdas were disabled as part of the ECU reflash. If so then you will not need to run the o2 optimizer, simply disconnect it from the PCV unit.

I'll assume the exhaust valve has been disabled and removed should it have the full zard system.

Good luck.
Yes, I'm guessing there's no O2 bung on the full Zard system? Haven't personally seen the bike yet, only lo res photos.
I've always done my own wrenching, from installing parts & pipes to PCV. Been using PC's on every fuel injected bike I've had, since my old TL 1000-S. The stock mapping usually sucks terribly. I have an '08 1100-S, but lost my beloved S4RS in Hurricane Sandy, so I'm replacing it with another Motard, since this is the most fun bike I've ever owned. And, at 62, the race replica riding position is hard to take anymore also! (In reference to my Aprilia Factory, that I just sold last summer to aquire the 1100-S)

·
Registered
94 Posts
+1 for indy superbikes, best price on PCV.

If the ECU is flashed and the o2 sensors have been deleted you're not going to need an optimizer since you will be able to tune the entire rev range with the sensors deleted.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 for indy superbikes, best price on PCV.

If the ECU is flashed and the o2 sensors have been deleted you're not going to need an optimizer since you will be able to tune the entire rev range with the sensors deleted.
:yeah: Thanks Geoff!!! :yeah:

·
Registered
158 Posts
...I've always done my own wrenching, from installing parts & pipes to PCV. Been using PC's on every fuel injected bike I've had, since my old TL 1000-S...
Ah a past TL owner, still have my TL1000R, the bike that got me started on the twins :yeah:

Did you have the legendary 97' model with the crazy mid range torque hit?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, had a '98, but still a wild & crazy bike. First non-race bike I ever went 158 MPH on! And, like yourself, sold me on the love of twins. In spite of the fact I had owned 3 Harleys in the past, but they were more like farm equipment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts