Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just acquired a 2011 SFS and absolutely love it! One thing I noticed compared to my 848 Evo is that downshifting and blipping the throttle is much smoother. On my 848 Evo I always struggle with this because sometimes I do not rev match correctly causing a very jerky downshift. I think one of the reasons is that 848 Evo engine braking causes the revs to fall very quickly. Conversely, on the SFS I am much smoother and it seems the engine has less engine braking. I am curious if this is in fact true or am I just imagining things.

·
Bon Vivant
11,727 Posts
So I just acquired a 2011 SFS and absolutely love it! One thing I noticed compared to my 848 Evo is that downshifting and blipping the throttle is much smoother. On my 848 Evo I always struggle with this because sometimes I do not rev match correctly causing a very jerky downshift. I think one of the reasons is that 848 Evo engine braking causes the revs to fall very quickly. Conversely, on the SFS I am much smoother and it seems the engine has less engine braking. I am curious if this is in fact true or am I just imagining things.
Did your 848 have a lightened flywheel?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did your 848 have a lightened flywheel?
No it doesnt. Perhaps the SFS just makes me a studlier rider!!!! Especially because it is red!

·
Registered
99' 996
283 Posts
How close is the gearing between them? Could be that its easier on the SFS because the gearing puts it in a rev range that makes it easier to rev match. Just a guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts