Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions regarding tire size. I own a Ducati 748R -02. I have magnesium Marchesini wheels. The rear wheel is 6" wide (OEM is 5,5" as you all know).

Anyway, I just bought new tires. Mounted 190/55/17 Pirelli SuperCorsa SP on the rear wheel. On the old wheel I had 180/55. When looking one can se that there is not much margin to the chain-protector. I forgot to look how it looked when I had the old tire mounted. Maybe I don´t need to be worried? I have read that people use 190/50 tires (916,996,998) on 5,5" rear rim. I have even read that people use 190/55 tires on 6" rim. But no one has mention that that the tires runs very close to the chain-protector.

Not best pictures unfortunately.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. It's not like its going to move. Remove the chain guard if you are concerned about that and zip tie the brake line to the rear set.

You can run a 180 on the 6" rim if you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had 180/55 on the 6" rim before. The bike did not turn as well as when the 180/55 tire was fitted to the OEM rim. That´s why I ordered 190/55 this time. Should work better with the 6" rim.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts