Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my 05 999R serviced and ordered a Samco Kit TCSDUC8 for 05 Ducati 999R/S

When my Mechanic was putting it on he says I needed the TCSDUC5 kit which is for 03/04 999 bikes. He says this happens with Ducs if mine was built in the beginning of the year.

Has anyone experienced this before I'm trying to return the kit and they said they have never heard this before and won't take them back. My bike has the deepsump and Sandcasted block etc internals are of an R.

I'm confused... Anyone with knowledge please shead some light. Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has to do with the radiator, there were two types.
Thank you for this! They were saying the one kit is for a Deepsump and the other kit is for one without.

It almost seem like they were saying maybe my bike is not a real R.

So is it possible that my 05 R was built with a 04 radiator? It is a Canadian Model R not sure if that makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
2,373 Posts
Thank you for this! They were saying the one kit is for a Deepsump and the other kit is for one without.

It almost seem like they were saying maybe my bike is not a real R.

So is it possible that my 05 R was built with a 04 radiator? It is a Canadian Model R not sure if that makes a difference.
Yes, that is the case. The motor is proper, and they may have had older radiators still so instead of wasting them, they used them.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
Yes, that is the case. The motor is proper, and they may have had older radiators still so instead of wasting them, they used them.
I've heard the different radiator talk as well on same bikes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts