Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gents,

I bought a 08 Hyper 1100, and where I am in Maine, my season is over until tax day at the earliest. So, while waiting, I am planning mods, and have a question for the more enlightened amongst us.

I have an Arrow CF full race exhaust on the way. I have the Termi 2-1 ecu on the way. I have the Termi 2-1 DP airbox on the way. Will I need a pc3 & map to make this play nicely? Or should I be good to go with these 3 pieces?

Who else here has the Arrow system?

Thanks! No pics yet. Sorry.

Supero100

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have a full Arrow exhaust system. I have a DP cams ECU, I installed myself. The dash was all screwed up (went to Euro settings), but a trip to my dealer reset everything. I used to have the stock airbox, but have since installed the 6.5 gallon tank and open filters. Bike runs great without getting a PCIII.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice, thanks guys. I guess time will tell but based on Mooner's experience, I think I'm in the right ballpark.

I considered the cams... but want to keep the torque down low, even if it costs me a little hp.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
I have a full Arrow exhaust system. I have a DP cams ECU, I installed myself. The dash was all screwed up (went to Euro settings), but a trip to my dealer reset everything. I used to have the stock airbox, but have since installed the 6.5 gallon tank and open filters. Bike runs great without getting a PCIII.
when you say open filters, are you talking about the velocity stacks? If so, does the 6.5 gallon tank fit w/ those installed? I'm getting about 65 miles to a fill-up and would love a little more range.

·
Registered
666 Posts
when you say open filters, are you talking about the velocity stacks? If so, does the 6.5 gallon tank fit w/ those installed? I'm getting about 65 miles to a fill-up and would love a little more range.

The larger gas tank does away with the stock airbox. Replaces with air pod filters. When droning along at freeway speeds, I've got 240 miles before the low fuel light came on. http://www.ca-cycleworks.com/hm69/

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
I don't mean to be a dick, but I'm going to be.

PLEASE use the search function!!! That's what it's there for.

This topic has been covered many, many, many times ... in depth ... with photos ... and links ... and prices ... and dyno numbers ... and and and ....

If you use the search function you'll find EVERYTHING you could EVER possibly want to know about the Arrow slip-ons AND full exhaust systems with or without PCIII, cams, filters, airbox mods, flywheels, chips and dip.

Congratulations on the new purchase ... the Hyper is an AMAZING motorcycle that'll make you smile every time you hop on.

But, please, use the search function. That's why it's there.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Yes you!

YOU are a DICK!......................but I'm glad you are one!!....:D LOL Alex

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't mean to be a dick, but I'm going to be.
snip

If you use the search function you'll find EVERYTHING you could EVER possibly want to know about the Arrow slip-ons AND full exhaust systems with or without PCIII, cams, filters, airbox mods, flywheels, chips and dip.

Congratulations on the new purchase ... the Hyper is an AMAZING motorcycle that'll make you smile every time you hop on.

But, please, use the search function. That's why it's there.

No doubt there are many threads about the full system in the first four pages of results... I just didn't see anyone list my particular setup... and the jury seemed out as to whether a ecu change would be sufficient or if a PC3 would be required. A few people alluded to trying one or the other, but no "results" post.

I'm psyched to get my hyper going. I'll give a results post this spring.

Too bad Ducati / EC3 / EPA are at loggerheads. It just makes doing what we're going to do that much more confusing. But we all get there eventually.

I think I saw a photo of yours... a particularly carbon fiber clad beast... nice!

Why'd you retire it?

·
Registered
1,287 Posts

Just a side note :
You dont need to go to the dealer to switch the country setting of the ECU.
You just have to push the button up(or down, dont remember, A or B in the user manual) before your turn the key. Dont even need to start the bike.
You'll end up in the "client" setup of the ECU and you'll eventually find the mode to change country.
Only difference being the system used, metric or the other weird one using inches, feet and dick.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just a side note :
You dont need to go to the dealer to switch the country setting of the ECU.
You just have to push the button up(or down, dont remember, A or B in the user manual) before your turn the key. Dont even need to start the bike.
You'll end up in the "client" setup of the ECU and you'll eventually find the mode to change country.
Only difference being the system used, metric or the other weird one using inches, feet and dick.
:eek:

:D:D:D.....

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
No doubt there are many threads about the full system in the first four pages of results... I just didn't see anyone list my particular setup... and the jury seemed out as to whether a ecu change would be sufficient or if a PC3 would be required. A few people alluded to trying one or the other, but no "results" post.

I'm psyched to get my hyper going. I'll give a results post this spring.

Too bad Ducati / EC3 / EPA are at loggerheads. It just makes doing what we're going to do that much more confusing. But we all get there eventually.

I think I saw a photo of yours... a particularly carbon fiber clad beast... nice!

Why'd you retire it?
I retired it because I'm an impulsive idiot. :rolleyes:

Actually, there were a lot of justifications for my behavior, but here are a few of the good ones:

1) I wanted an MV Agusta 910R
2) It had crappy range and I couldn't justify the bigger tank because I already had the TPO Beast R intakes
3) It was a Ducati and I already had the 749 ... why do I need two V-twins?
4) I had turned it into a seriously crazy bike that demanded I ride it HARD every single time I rode it ... I was either going to end up dead or in jail the way I was acting.
5) It wasn't an S and I really wished it was at that point (keeping up with the Joneses mentality).

I really miss it now that it's gone - not to mention the fact that I took a major beating on the resale. Worst financial decision I've ever made. :(

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I retired it because I'm an impulsive idiot. :rolleyes:

Actually, there were a lot of justifications for my behavior, but here are a few of the good ones:

1) I wanted an MV Agusta 910R
2) It had crappy range and I couldn't justify the bigger tank because I already had the TPO Beast R intakes
3) It was a Ducati and I already had the 749 ... why do I need two V-twins?
4) I had turned it into a seriously crazy bike that demanded I ride it HARD every single time I rode it ... I was either going to end up dead or in jail the way I was acting.
5) It wasn't an S and I really wished it was at that point (keeping up with the Joneses mentality).

I really miss it now that it's gone - not to mention the fact that I took a major beating on the resale. Worst financial decision I've ever made. :(
If you would have used the search function you would have know you were gonna take it in the nuts on resale and you would wish you had it back. :eek: Many have drawn the same conclusion. :think:

Out!

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
See (C) you (U) next (N) Tuesday (T) = CUNT

I put a winky face because your comment about selling the Hyper was on point ... search function ... fark me. :rolleyes:

I meant the Merry Christmas. :) Have a safe and fun holiday.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
See (C) you (U) next (N) Tuesday (T) = CUNT

I put a winky face because your comment about selling the Hyper was on point ... search function ... fark me. :rolleyes:

I meant the Merry Christmas. :) Have a safe and fun holiday.
Oh, I forgot those secret code phrases after 8th grade. I should have done a search before asking.

Out!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts