Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2000 996 and I was able to confirm it had been fully serviced at 12k miles, I bought it with 30k miles on it and took it to a Ducati shop that looked it over and rode it and said that it felt as if the engine sounded right and is strong. I have put 3k miles on it now and I am worried about the belts and want to hear what you all suggest. I bought the bike under strange circumstances, the owner had passed away and left a folder of receipts and records but it only had the 12k service receipt in the folder I obtained. The deceased did have 4 other Ducatis and the relative that ended up selling them may not have kept the records in order. The deceased appears to have taken very good care of his bikes so I can not imagine that he would have skimped on service but who knows.

Thank you.

·
Registered
473 Posts
If you’re worried about it, change the belts. Better safe than sorry. At the very least, I’d take the covers off and check their condition and make sure they’re still probably tensioned.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If you’re worried about it, change the belts. Better safe than sorry. At the very least, I’d take the covers off and check their condition and make sure they’re still probably tensioned.
Nothing to discuss. As you don't know the history just replace them. Not a big job.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts