Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Termignoni silencers longer than the stock ones? I think the stock ones look a little short.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've looked at the photo of the 1100S on the Ducati web site and compared it to mine with the Termi's installed. It appears that the Termi's are just slightly longer than the stock system.

Mike

·
Registered
138 Posts
Are the Termignoni silencers longer than the stock ones? I think the stock ones look a little short.
Here's a side-by-side between the Termi and the stock w/Termi sticker. :D

The stock cans are just fatter, so they look short. The Termi can is only a tad longer because of the cone at the end.

I used the left can for comparison of course, since I have two of them...

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks. I hadn't planned on the Termi's, but they do look a little nicer....
The do look nicer, but the SOUND difference is what it's all about... :D

Here's a mounted comparison. I put my bike back together today, now I'm just waiting on the right-hand pipe from Ducati. I figured I might as well take a couple of pictures for you.

As you can see, the stock cans are FAT like me after a long winter of McDonalds and no exercise! The Termi is a tad longer with the cone at the end, but more streamlined and tucked under the back. The stock cans feel like they weigh at least a couple of pounds more each.

The db killers will come out, I just haven't gotten there yet since I haven't started the bike with the new ECU.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
The do look nicer, but the SOUND difference is what it's all about... :D

Here's a mounted comparison. I put my bike back together today, now I'm just waiting on the right-hand pipe from Ducati. I figured I might as well take a couple of pictures for you.

As you can see, the stock cans are FAT like me after a long winter of McDonalds and no exercise! The Termi is a tad longer with the cone at the end, but more streamlined and tucked under the back. The stock cans feel like they weigh at least a couple of pounds more each.

The db killers will come out, I just haven't gotten there yet since I haven't started the bike with the new ECU.
haha! props for making the best of your mix up situation!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts