Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Unleaded caffeine please...
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks,

Hypothetically, if I acquired another ECU (pristine) and had it reflashed to fit my setup (Zards,MWR filter - smaller), would I have to have the immobilizer disabled on said ECU (being that it's not original to the bike)?

And say, I should hypothetically pop that reflashed ECU in (but didn't have the immobilizer disabled) and upon hitting the start button, nothing happens (no click, no dimming of lights, nothing other than a deflated monkey continuing to press the start button as if it wasn't pressed correctly the first time)...could it be because of this?

:think:

·
Registered
48 Posts
My understanding of this, having just gone through a somewhat similar situation is: If the ECU came out of another bike and it was say the stock ECU for that bike, then the immobilizer would have been coded for that bike and you would have had to have it unlocked before using it in yours...or you get the "monkey pressing a start button" situation.

If the ECU was an aftermarket/performance ECU then and only then if the person that had it before you did not have it coded to their bike with the red key you would be safe to install and it should work.

So basically if it is a stock ECU out of another persons bike...you have to get it unlocked or it will not work in your bike.

I just installed a used set of Termi's on my bike that came with the ECU...the previous owner did not have it coded to his bike...so I was able to use it without having it unlocked.

Good luck in your "hypothetical" situation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts