Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone could answer a question for me. I am cleaning out mom's basement and I found a wood crate with an old used Ducati 125 motor in it. I know NOTHING about motorcycles or parts!! Could it possibly be worth anything to anyone, or is it definetly just scrap metal???? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well you came to the right place. Post pictures,condition and markings on the engine as well as if the engine turns over or if it's seized. Someone on this site could shed some info for you. Pictures please...:D

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
It is definitely worth something! It may be a desmo 125 GP engine (but probably not!)

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
It is definitely not scrap metal. There was more than one type of 125 engine though so without pictures it's hard to say what it might be worth.

Oh, wait, I mean... it's worse than worthless. Yeah, toxic waste it is. You'd best crate it back up and send it to me for proper disposal... yeah... that's it... :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
question on an old ducati motor

Hi all,
I tried to post pictures in the gallery. I uploaded six pictures but I only see one there. Will try and figure out what I did wrong later on today. I saw a DM 125A on the engine. Will look to see about any other numbers I see on there. I took pictures of all the parts in the box. Dont even know if the motor is complete or not. Thanks for all the input. :)
If it is toxic, DesmoDog might have to send it to you, figure the shipping at a thousand!!!!!!!!! :):):) j/k

·
Registered
204 Posts
Well, we've determined that it's a 125cc Ducati motor(parts) we also determined it's not toxic(DD)so My suggestion to you is to sell it here. Have people send you offers via Private Message.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't realize anybody sold things on here, i thought it was just informational. Thanks for all the help on this!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts