Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a pair of fairly cherry S4R forks on ebay for $375 (thought that was a good deal). i'm going to swap them for my stock forks and sell the stockers, i'm concerned about damage to the S4R coating due to the lack of fork guard/rock guard on the SC front fender.
What are folks doing to get some protection for the fork, or is it really necessary?
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
JCpak bikes has guards but they are no different than chrome finish, maybe a little less robust but nothing that will effect performance.. Good score!

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
I use the Paul Smith guards with my showas. But after I got them, a suspension tech locally told me that the TiN coating (the gold) is actually a hardener, and much more difficult to chip. Still, added protection doesn't hurt. Plus, they look cool. And all the little bugs on them I find at the end of a ride would be stuck up in the dust seal otherwise

·
Registered
36 Posts
I too am going to do this upgrade.
The adjustable showa forks from S4 have a greater excursion than the stock. Your protections are long enough to fully protect them?

Black Anodized

SILVER anodized

$125 for the set
Free shipping
Lifetime guarantee from Breaking

·
Premium Member
451 Posts
The S4 forks should be 10mm (a little more than 3/8") longer than the stock forks. From the looks of the photos attached above, it looks like you should be ok.

6,048 Posts
The pictures show the bike with static weight
With a rider the compression it will bring it down about 10mm more
So fully extended or fully compressed it is total coverage

The S4 forks should be 10mm (a little more than 3/8") longer than the stock forks. From the looks of the photos attached above, it looks like you should be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts