Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

im still searching for my future SC, and i've zeroed in on a sport classic S model with full fairings. my question to current owners is, when it rains out, does the fairing hold the water like a bucket, or does the water have a place to trickle down. i have a bike cover, but the bike will live outdoors for the summer months.

thanks for your input.
tt.

·
Registered
61 Posts
hmmmm...i've never noticed any pooling...i don't intentionally set out in a storm on this particular bike but riding frequently to and from work year round it gets rained on...in fact i've put on gt rear fender and monster front with great results and i think a longer lower profile...i don't have lowers but set up as is its bout my favorite round town bike

·
Registered
103 Posts
Sorry, can't say. Mine's never sat in the rain, but just looking at it, I doubt it would pool.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
hi,

im still searching for my future SC, and i've zeroed in on a sport classic S model with full fairings. my question to current owners is, when it rains out, does the fairing hold the water like a bucket, or does the water have a place to trickle down. i have a bike cover, but the bike will live outdoors for the summer months.

thanks for your input.
tt.
Here are some solutions for you. Rather than ruin the bike sitting outside ...

Motorcycle Capsule, Motorcycle Covers, Motorcycle Vinyl Bubble, Bike Capsule, Bike Bubble, Bike Covers

Rhino Shelter Cycle Pocket | 911-060 | J&P Cycles

For $100- $200 its well worth the investment

Muzz

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'v had my monster for over 5 years living outside under a cover and its been just fine..nothing got ruined. but now that i might venture into the world of fairings i just wanted to know if it holds water......no need for bubble wrapping the bike...its not going to be a in a museum, im going to ride it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had mine two years and have ridden regularly in the rain-nary a pool of water in the fairing.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
i'v had my monster for over 5 years living outside under a cover and its been just fine..nothing got ruined. but now that i might venture into the world of fairings i just wanted to know if it holds water......no need for bubble wrapping the bike...its not going to be a in a museum, im going to ride it.
To each their own, but that right there is a darn shame. A SC is no Monster. You can ride a bike regularly AND take care of it, the two aren't mutually exclusive

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
never any pooling when i have been caught in the wet. no worries there. enjoy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts