Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel it takes way too much wrist to get to WOT on my fighter and I was just wondering if there's much slack in the throttle cable?
On my only kawi I took off the grip then cut a piece of 2" pvc and apoxy'd it around where the throttle cable wraps and then slowly ground it down, testing and retesting till the throttle didn't bind and it made and amazing difference.

I refuse to pay $400 for ducati's kit so I was just wondering if anyone's done or thought about this for their streetfighter? I apologize for being lazy and not trying it now but its almost 4am and I was just randomly thinking about it. Thanks :D

·
Super Moderator
8,248 Posts
I know that Dan Kyle sells a kit for the 1098 that msot people seem to like..

Doing you own mod is hard with Ducati´s throttles.. Plus i usually feel that the return spring is abit to hard aswell..

//amullo

·
Registered
444 Posts
an r1 or r6 throttle tube will fit in there and be a bit quicker. yoyodyne sells a quick turn throttle kit with cables and choice of 3 cams for under $200.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that Dan Kyle sells a kit for the 1098 that msot people seem to like..

Doing you own mod is hard with Ducati´s throttles.. Plus i usually feel that the return spring is abit to hard aswell..

//amullo

Thanks for the info. Who is Dan Kyle though and how do I get a hold of him? lol

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Try Google

·
Registered
444 Posts
the kyle, evoluzione and g2 throttle tubes are all progressive - slow at first, then speeding up towards wot. i don't know about the others, but the evoluzione is roughly the same overall turn as stock.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the kyle, evoluzione and g2 throttle tubes are all progressive - slow at first, then speeding up towards wot. i don't know about the others, but the evoluzione is roughly the same overall turn as stock.
hmm thats no good.. I'll check out the yoyodyne and see how it is

·
Registered
206 Posts
I looked into the Yoyo for my R6 track bike, and at least for the Yamaha, you had to replace all the switchgear on the right side, which meant buying a separate kill switch. Ultimately it ended up being too much of a pain and for a bike that was occasionally ridden on the street, it just looked weird having a completely different set up on the right vs. the left.

I finally went with a little plastic clip that basically increased the diameter of the throttle tube. Fortunately there was enough throttle cable slack to do this, but it was tight.

For the track it was great, b/c I always found it a big effort to get all the way to WOT, but after the mod, it was cake. For the street, it was OK, but pretty twitchy, even on a bike without a ton of torque. I'm not sure I'd want one on a SF that was going to be primarily ridden on the street. But that's just me.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I looked into the Yoyo for my R6 track bike, and at least for the Yamaha, you had to replace all the switchgear on the right side, which meant buying a separate kill switch. Ultimately it ended up being too much of a pain and for a bike that was occasionally ridden on the street, it just looked weird having a completely different set up on the right vs. the left.

I finally went with a little plastic clip that basically increased the diameter of the throttle tube. Fortunately there was enough throttle cable slack to do this, but it was tight.

For the track it was great, b/c I always found it a big effort to get all the way to WOT, but after the mod, it was cake. For the street, it was OK, but pretty twitchy, even on a bike without a ton of torque. I'm not sure I'd want one on a SF that was going to be primarily ridden on the street. But that's just me.
hmm that's exactly what I did on my zx10... I didn't think it was very twitchy, just had to just get used to doing smaller movements with ur wrist when going slow. I'll probably just do it to this too since i'm cheap lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts