Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,yes I'm new to the site and may be a new owner of a DB7 if Ican import it into Canada without selling my girlfriend's mother.....not a bad idea though ? I have been rididng Ducati for the last 10 + years or so now and am at a point where I want something a bit different from the rest. I currently own a 05 999S that's pretty tricked out with BST wheels Akro full exhaust, proper brembo monoblocks and so on , I LOVE this bike and love what it does in performance and comfort !

Last year I bought a 1098 tri color, thinking it wold be the bees knees, but after rididng it for about 400 miles, I found it to be to cramped compared to my roomy 999 and ended up turning it into my track bike. I also own a 07 990 Super Duke KTM (BST also) and use that for anything under 200 miles or less for blasting up and down the valley, and love tht bike as well.

Now to the Bimota DB7, I have a deal going with Skuderiea in SFO to import the bike into Canada and have free shipping to go along with it, the price is OK , but my main concern is the comfort ? Is there any 1098 owners that ride DB7 now ? and what is your thoughts on comfort for the Bimota ?

Being 6'4" I pretty much dwarf any bike I ride, but have been able to cope with most of them except the 1098 ,it's jst to damn short compared to the 999.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The DB7 is more comfortable than the 1098. However, it is ALOT smaller. I gotta be honest, once you have a Bimota in the garage, you'll wonder why anyone buys a Duc!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey there,

I'm also from Canada,

I'm wondering, if you don't mind me asking... how are you going to title the bike in Canada?

since I guess it is not the list for importing?

There alot of bikes that I would buy that are available in the USA, that we don't get.

561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well importing a Bimota into canada went sraight down the toilet, and there seems to be no legal way to get it up here and insured PROPERLY, so I went and picked up a new 1198S .I'll probably stretch the subframe for a little more room, and just have to be satisfied wih that until we get a Bimota dealer north of the 49th. One can bring one in, but you just can't insure it PROPERLY unss you do it s a "home built" status, hint hint,wink wink.

561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually it's only about 4 months you don't want to ride up here, and for that 4 months we ride 300-400 bhp turbo charged snowmobiles.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts