Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 1200S DVT

The USB port under the passenger seat only works when the bike is on. Is there a way to make it powered even when the bike is off?

It seems like a great place to charge a phone/etc. when you are stopped somewhere, but....you can't. ?‍♂

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Reactions: suruppak

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For continuous power, you can use the following:
OptiMate CABLE O-47 Adapter for DUCATI to SAE
[/URL]

Motopower 0609A 3.1Amp Waterproof Motorcycle USB Charger Kit SAE to USB Adapter
[/URL]
Is that 1st link you provided a replacement to the USB connector that is already there, or would I need both items you linked to? I already have the quick connect pigtail connector under the seat.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
For the Multistrada, the OptiMate 0-47 cable is un-neccessary if you're going to connect directly to the battery with the Motopower SAE to USB Adapter kit.
If you already have a pig-tail cable, then all you need is an SAE to USB dongle.

Like this:

or

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the Multistrada, the OptiMate 0-47 cable is un-neccessary if you're going to connect directly to the battery with the Motopower SAE to USB Adapter kit.
If you already have a pig-tail cable, then all you need is an SAE to USB dongle.

or
I'm sorry, but I'm kind of retarded this morning, so....Is that a female USB to directly replace the female USB that's already there?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
No worries. Based on what you wrote, you don't need this cable adapter. It's only used when you don't want to power directly from the battery and you don't have any other 12v or USB outlet under the seat. Unlike the Multistrada, Monsters and Panigales dont have these power outlet features.

To answer your question however, the left plugs into Ducati's proprietary diagnostic plug port. The right as you know, is your standard SAE connection (which is hidden by the rubber sleeve).

The under seat DDA port looks like this once the plastic cap is removed ( my photoshop skills suck):
dda.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts