Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would switching from the Scorpion Trail IIs to Supercorsas cause any issues? I noticed that the tire pressure Pirelli recommends for the Supercorsas is significantly lower than what Ducati (and Pirelli) recommend for the Scorpions.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I run Supercorsa SP's on my 1098S and 1299S on the street and SuperCorsa SC1's and SC2's as track day tires.

Both bikes are at least 100lbs lighter than my Multi.

You will destroy these tires in a gentle 1200-1500 miles on the Multi.

They will stick well, if you get enough heat in them, but you will probably overheat them and start getting them to move around on you if you are an aggressive rider.

In my opinion, these tires are too soft a sidewall and too soft a compound for the Multi.

Angel GT's or PR4's seem to work better for the weight of the Multi.

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
I run Supercorsa SP's on my 1098S and 1299S on the street and SuperCorsa SC1's and SC2's as track day tires.

They will stick well, if you get enough heat in them, but you will probably overheat them and start getting them to move around on you if you are an aggressive rider.

In my opinion, these tires are too soft a sidewall and too soft a compound for the Multi.

I was wondering about that... they're intended for relatively low weights. Higher pressure would probably help hold shape but won't help if the compound is so soft it starts smearing once the tires get hot. I like the Angel GT's for performance road use... but I can't imagine they'd be optimal on the track. What do the track multi riders run? (presumably something between AGT's and Supercorsa's)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks. The previous owner of my Multi had put Supercorsa SPs on the bike. I was talking to the guys at AMS in Dallas about it and they said the same thing ("you'll be back to Scorpions in no time at all because the Supercorsas won't last").

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have PR4's on my Multi currently.

I have 7800 miles on it.

The original Scorpians stuck well and gave me about 3400 miles before the rear punctured and probably had about another 800 miles of tread left.

I put a set of Rosso II's on next, they worked okay, but were done after 1800 miles.

The PR4's have been on for 3000+ miles and look about half worn.

I bought my Mutistrada and 1299S from AMS in Dallas, know Jeff, Marty and Jordan well.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Would switching from the Scorpion Trail IIs to Supercorsas cause any issues? I noticed that the tire pressure Pirelli recommends for the Supercorsas is significantly lower than what Ducati (and Pirelli) recommend for the Scorpions.
That would be a waste of a tire putting them on the Multi for on the road, my 2 mates on 1299Ss run these (Supercorsas) on their bikes over summer when they are doing track days also, but they are too expensive just to use for the road, 1800-2400Ks they get, both of them run Metzler M7RRs over winter months, and they get far better cold weather grip and milage. Ive just put a set of Metzler Roadtec 01 on my 1290 GT, and i have a set ready for the Multi when the front Angel wears out, i have a new PR4 on the rear of the multi, but I'm going to remove it for the Roadtec 01s. I guess the answer is how hard you ride, if you push the bike hard through the corners, then Rosso III, or Bridgestone S21, or the Metzler M7RRs, all great tires for fast road riding, and reasonable for moderate to fast riders on the track. Ive switched to the Roadtecs because I'm chewing through tires at an alarming rate, already on my 3rd set on the 1290, and only covered 10,000K (first set Angels, 2nd set M7RRs).

Reactions: HNMTS1200

·
Registered
166 Posts
I was wondering about that... they're intended for relatively low weights. Higher pressure would probably help hold shape but won't help if the compound is so soft it starts smearing once the tires get hot. I like the Angel GT's for performance road use... but I can't imagine they'd be optimal on the track. What do the track multi riders run? (presumably something between AGT's and Supercorsa's)
The Rosso III or Rosso II are about the most aggressive (Pirrelli) tire you are going to get away with on a Multi, and they aren't going to last long, I think I got 4,000 KM out of a set of Rosso IIIs on my Super Duke.

Because I bought the Duc, so the SDR gets ridden like I am a homicidal manic most of the time.

The last set of SuperCorsa's I spooned on the SDR only made it MAYBE 3,000km, and that was road use, I never made it to the track that year.

Honestly, you best option is to swap tires, use ST rubber for the road and a moderately agressive street tire for track days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts