Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that some have used the risers from the ST4 on the Sport1000 in place of the existing risers. Is this true? If so, are they taller than the stock risers on the 2008 Sport1000? Are they still available?

I really like the look of the stock risers, style wise, but would like a wee bit more comfort. And I don't like any of the aftermarket offerings.

Thanks!
Greg

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have a set solid black Ducati SS Riser clip ons if you are interested. I feel they are very unassuming in black.. I am going with Clubman bars so I do not need these anymore.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I had ST3 risers which are a little higher and put your hands at a shallower angle and wider apart than the DP riser/clipons. The ST3 risers are around $450. Yikes. Went with the DP risers.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I want them in the stock finish...

but thanks for the offer of the black ones. I'd like to find out how much height I will gain over the stock 2008 risers, and how I would go about getting a set. I mean, what info do I need to tell the dealer (part#, etc.), if that is the only source.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
but thanks for the offer of the black ones. I'd like to find out how much height I will gain over the stock 2008 risers, and how I would go about getting a set. I mean, what info do I need to tell the dealer (part#, etc.), if that is the only source.
This is from memory a couple of years ago but maybe about 0.5" higher. It's not dramatic. The angle and distance apart of the hands is the big difference

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, thinking about it,...

Pribably what I really need is to shorten the reach a little bit. Don't know how I will pull that off without radical surgery (me or the bike). I think I need about 1.5" up and 1.5" back. That should do it. Now, just how?...

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Risers and conventional handlebars ala Rizoma. Your top clamp will need machining.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts