Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a 620 ss and noticed that the bike has holes on each side of the full fairing for use with sliders. Now, my question is this. Could this have been a factory option/installation or is it more likely that the owner bored the holes though the fairing? I ask this question because the holes looked finished. They are rounded smooth and painted. Looks like a professional job. I would imagine that if someone were capable of boring holes in the fairing they would not go through the trouble to finish them, unless of course they are anal- retentive or something. The holes even have a black plastic grommet looking piece. What are you thoughts on this? thanks for you help. :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sound good. thanks for the replies. still cant post the damn picture.
anyway, i feel good knowing now that it's not a factory option. the job is very well done. i guess he really cared for the bike. anyway. thank you.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
SpeedyMoto has and awsome slider set, but I think just for SBK's. The sliders fit under the fairing, which to me, makes sense as a superior design. When you crash, your fairings are toast whether you have sliders, or not. This system allows the whole fairing to act as a slide, preventing the slider from breaking off, protecting the frame and engine more effectively.

·
Chilehead
6,985 Posts
I've ordered sliders from them with both under and through sliders, figuring to run the under with the full fairings and the the normal ones with the half fairing, but I was wondering if perhaps the through ones are better even with the full fairing?

Tom

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
IMO the under-fairing type is a better design. I had the through-fairing type, and the leverage from the extra length just snapped it off, leaving it totally ineffective. Luckily, my fairings were off the bike, and it was a very slow get-off in the weeds. I got off with a broken rear-set, clip-on and a few light scratches.

Like I said earlier, you're gonna eat sh!t on your fairings in either case. I'd rather have something real good to protect the hard parts, i.e. chassis/engine. Not having to cut holes is a plus, too

·
Registered
43 Posts
I can not believe someone would cut holes in that farring. Whats the point in saving the plastic with a frame slider when you cut a hole in to it first to "save" it :eek: . I just am playing the odds and going with out frame sliders and figure I will be buying new plastic if I wreck either way. I can see if you are going to the track all of the time and using Sharkskin plastics using the sliders.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I personally am against sliders on street ducs... the track, different story... EVERYONE goes down at the track, if not, then you are timid. On the street? underfairings if you're worried... IMHO, Ducati's are for experienced, adult-minded riders who appreciates them for what they are, and have enough experience to not bust their a$$e$ doing some dumb sh!t...

Just my $0.02, take it for what it's worth.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.