Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I highsided a few weeks ago @ NJMP, and I am finally geting around to figuring out what I am going to do with my 748. I have attached two pictures to show the damage to my forks and was wondering if I could get some opinions on my options. Do I need a completely new fork? Can I get just a replacement fork cap? Is it rideable in the current condition albiet no longer being adjustable? Any and all help is always appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
729 Posts
If just the tops are rashed then you'll know when you go to disassemble. If the tubes themselves are dented/bent then removing the caps will be very difficult or almost impossible. If they unthread easily then all is well otherwise you'll need to repair or replace the shock tube. Also take close look at the triple clamp to insure its not damaged or cracked either. If all is well you'll just have a visual reminder everytime time you look down..

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
If possible, prior to removing the caps etc, run a thread tool over the damaged areas to keep from creating more damage/ ease of removal. You can spray some soapy water over the area and compress the forks to see if there's any leakage while still asembled.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fella's. I have to try both of those suggestions this weekend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts