Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm replacing my front sprocket. I have the bike in 1st gear and I'm using my impact gun but the air hose is rather small and not moving enough air, in other words the impact gun is not powerful enough.

I'm now using my long breaker bar, but my motor is beginning to turn. Will this harm the motor in any way if I keep going? I think a little more and the sprocket nut will come loose.

Else I will need to purchase a larger air hose. Please advise.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Having the bike in gear is not really a good idea while using an impact gun. You transfer chatter straight to the transmission. Leaving the bike in neutral is best. You need a capable windy gun for this and enough CFM. How much air pressure are you using at the gun? Sometimes you can cheat a little and crank the regulator up a bit to get things apart.

·
Registered
322 Posts
just buy the right hose. Amazon has the goodyear rubber hoses cheap.

How much CFM is your compressor putting out ?

Also what you can do is press the rear brake pedal while you are doing it. Make sure you are in neutral. That was what I was doing before I had a good air compressor and impact wrench when using a breaker bar.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Not that it matters since the transmission is constant mesh. You'll be fine just don't do it every other day...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts