Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in a Power Commander III for my Paul Smart but am not sure if it is compatible with my Termi 2-1 system and DP ecu. Does anyone have any experience with these and might be able to give their 2 cents?

I need something to maximize power and stop the lugging/stuttering feeling at parking lot speeds.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
A PCIII is compatible with the DP ECU, but not sure it's going to solve the low speed problems you describe. Bes to have that sorted before adding the power commander. Have you changed the gearing? Lower gearing helps a lot (14t front or larger rear). Make sure the trim has been properly set on the DP ECU, the throttle position sensor has been reset, the throttle bodies have been balanced, etc.

*edit: Just saw you have even lower gearing than me...I suspect some tuning issues. That thing should be easy to ride in parking lots (not fun though!).

After that's done, expect about 4-5hp increase with a custom map, created with some dyno time for the power commander. Total for dyno time plus PCIII is around $500, so about $100/hp. If you plan other mods down the line such as intake, cams, etc., might want to do those before having the map made.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts