Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the 748. The bike has 26k and was serviced extensively by the previous owner.
My question is once the bike is warmed up occasionally the idle cuts out and seems as if the bike is going to stall. Normally at a stop light. The idle holds well at 1200rpm's and the cut out is very quick and the bike recovers quickly. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

·
A 748 Fanatic
3,155 Posts
Cutouts?

You may want to consider checking out the condition of your kickstand cutout switch and wiring. This switch is known to cause similar problems.

What year 748 do you have? Your only about 2 hours away from me and my 748's. I hope the above info helps, If you do a search you will find a thread on anything that could possibly happen to a 748 on this site,

Please join and become a member.

Later, George in Delaware

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
I was having some cut out at idle issues with my 748, mimicked fuels starvation, thought I had a clogged filter, possible cracked line. Nope, the cylinders needed to be "sycnched", my mechanic did it in one hour of labor, no parts, never run better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts