Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else ever notice that fabrizio's right shoulder is always flapping in the wind when he sits up to brake? I have never seen anyone else's leather's do that. I am just confused because I thought that the leathers are supposed to be snug, so why all the extra? Anyone?

·
Registered
433 Posts
yup, noticed that too. looks like he's wearing a raincover. maybe he just prefers a little more room in the shoulders and the way he sits up and holds the brake/throttle you only see it on the right shoulder. or maybe its a little italian guy thing?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Here's one thing I know about racing that might help. Racers come in to the season(arround dec-jan) a bit out of shape and are fitted for leathers. Over the next 2 months they run extremely long distances and lose a tremendous amount of body weight. This results in looser leathers. This could be his case if not his preference. Nothing worse than feeling like a sausage in your leathers and can hardly be able to breathe...

·
Senior Italophile
865 Posts
If you look at still photo's during the monza race and South africa you will see that his AXO leathers fit him really poorly in the shoulder/arm area. Maybe not a custom suit?

·
9,757 Posts
He probably had the suit fitted loose. I've only noticed his shoulder rippling before right handers but that could just be the nature of the way cameras are setup for the races. It looks like he raises his left shoulder and sinks his right (creating an excess of material) as he's downshifting, hitting the front brake, and beginning the countersteer/tip in at the same time.

I prefer a snug suit all around but hey swings and roundabouts right?

I find the fact that his head bobbles around like a jack in the box much more perplexing.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I've noticed this as well. Weird.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He probably had the suit fitted loose. I've only noticed his shoulder rippling before right handers but that could just be the nature of the way cameras are setup for the races. It looks like he raises his left shoulder and sinks his right (creating an excess of material) as he's downshifting, hitting the front brake, and beginning the countersteer/tip in at the same time.

I prefer a snug suit all around but hey swings and roundabouts right?

I find the fact that his head bobbles around like a jack in the box much more perplexing.
I figured that it had to do with an excess of material. I figured that the amount of money these teams spend on everything, fitting and re-fitting a suit is pennies for them. I did notice it only in right handers as well, but I am watching some races tonite and will check out some lefties as well to see what the verdict is. I also thought about him sinking his shoulder since all of the controls are on that side of the bike. Interesting nonetheless.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts