Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the hunt for some Marchesini forged aluminum wheels for my 2012 848 Evo. From all the pictures I've seen these wheels have various engravings. One such engraving is the direction arrow with some other markings (see pic). Do all authentic Marchesini forged aluminum wheels have this? The reason why I ask is because I found a front wheel for sale with the direction arrow but not the accompanying letters and numbers, otherwise it looks authentic.

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
The laser etched arrow, part number etc all looks about right, i can tell from the pic it's a forged Marchesini.

Brembo own Marchesini, they all have the Brembo logo laser etched into them

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok
The laser etched arrow, part number etc all looks about right, i can tell from the pic it's a forged Marchesini.

Note that the wheel I am looking at does NOT have the markings below the arrow. Does that mean it's not authentic? It has the Brembo logo.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Never seen marchesini counterfeit, does this exist?

Not talking about a moron glueing marchesini stickers on an obvious fake but is there any black market marchesini someone could mistakenly see as a real one?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ok

Note that the wheel I am looking at does NOT have the markings below the arrow. Does that mean it's not authentic? It has the Brembo logo.
doubt it, different models and years had markings in different areas, it's pretty easy to tell a forged wheel from a cast one. A cast wheel will have logos cast in forged ones have the laser etching for a start. If the wheel design is the same as a known forged wheel you can safely assume it's correct

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
Ok

So...you're asking for consistency from an Italian manufacturer? Interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,990 Posts

Agree. I have a pair of 5 spoke Mg Marchesini's and they also have the Brembo logo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts