Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a billet clutch cover (Pauli moto), but it was out of stock. There is a "die cast injected aluminum" one (Mad Duc) that I like just as much, but am wondering if I need to worry about the protection it would offer. Is it going to be too flimsy? I know nothing about metals and their strength.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've never crash tested a die-cast cover. But the billet Speedymoto, Cyclecat, Woodcraft, etc are extremely tough.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Get one from SpeedyMoto. They are amazingly strong and works of art at the same time.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Ordered a billet clutch cover (Pauli moto), but it was out of stock. There is a "die cast injected aluminum" one (Mad Duc) that I like just as much, but am wondering if I need to worry about the protection it would offer. Is it going to be too flimsy? I know nothing about metals and their strength.
i've crash tested them and they snap real easy.
get speedymoto or woodcraft.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts
Get one from SpeedyMoto. They are amazingly strong and works of art at the same time.
+1 on SpeedyMoto. They are very finely machined and amazingly strong. Luckily I haven't had to crash check anything on my bikes yet but I fully trust that My SpeedyMoto bits will hold up wonderfully. And as said by the Doc, they really are works of art.:cool: I've got the 10-Spoke and the Sellwood. The Sellwood doesn't have as much coverage as the 10-Spoke but dang does it look good while really showing off my clutch.:cool: If you want strength above all else I would go with the Flow model, or maybe the Arun.

·
Registered
108 Posts
FYI, the factory clutch cover is die-cast aluminum, for comparison. If the billet part and the die-cast part were both exactly the same design, metal thickness, weight, etc., the billet part would be stronger, simply due to the different alloys involved and the denser grain structure of the billet.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you want strength above all else I would go with the Flow model, or maybe the Arun.
I just ordered the Flow. In black. To go with a black Paulimoto pressure plate, and stainless keepers, springs and bolts.

Going for the subtle look. Too techy and it will look anachronistic on my sport classic. My overall vision for the bike's look is more DP Cars tail kit than Fleda, if you get the dichotomy.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I just ordered the Flow. In black. To go with a black Paulimoto pressure plate, and stainless keepers, springs and bolts.

Going for the subtle look. Too techy and it will look anachronistic on my sport classic. My overall vision for the bike's look is more DP Cars tail kit than Fleda, if you get the dichotomy.

Thanks again!
Good choice - my favorites are the flow in black and the scudo in black...

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Photo

Here's what it looks like on the bike. Not as blingy as most, but that was my intention. Looks just right on the SC in my opinion.

Peeled off the "Shell Advance" sticker, and a big hunk of the black paint (anodizing?) came off with it! Fack! Can't bring myself to post a photo. Need think of a fix.

Anyway, clutch looks good from this view.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts