Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my exbox today but have a question for anyone else that has this exhuast. Every pipe junction has a spring fastener except for one. where the pipe comes off the rear head into the box itself, there is no spring. Do i need to use a clamp or is the pressure between the two enough to prevent it from leaking? How about using a clamp? The pipe isnt cut in anyway like it usually is when a clamp is used. Help. Thanks!

·
Registered
441 Posts
I installed my exbox today but have a question for anyone else that has this exhuast. Every pipe junction has a spring fastener except for one. where the pipe comes off the rear head into the box itself, there is no spring. Do i need to use a clamp or is the pressure between the two enough to prevent it from leaking? How about using a clamp? The pipe isnt cut in anyway like it usually is when a clamp is used. Help. Thanks!
If it doesnt leak I wouldnt worry about it, you could always use some sealant where it joins just to be safe.:eek:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
As soon as i finish it up, i will post a whole bunch. Its about 3/4 done. Had to leave it unfinished today to run some errands. Not enough time in the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts