Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All-

I searched the forum and could only find WASP's sport classic that used this exhaust....

If you know or are using this system, please let me know your thoughts and opinions regarding this system(power, performance, build quality, etc)...pictures would be great.

Where do you buy? I have read (mostly out-dated) comments on the system and would like to get some current opinions, etc...

I love the looks of the system, but not sure about the quality and performance...

Cheers!!!
:)

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
My mate has a set of these on his mono, so I see and hear them all the time...

Personally I think they look a bit odd on such a curvy retro bike, and they are horridly loud and sound very metallic and mechanical - and quite unlike my throaty, growly, deep-base Termis - but then again, I also think other people should mind their own business when it comes to what you wanna do with your own bike, so if you like 'em, then do it.

In terms of performance, you will always need to do something to your bike's fueling, unless an aftermarket pipe is made specifically to work with it as it is... But that kinda defeats the point of buying a free-breathing system...

Quality looks ok, but nothing special. But nor are Termis, Contis, etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
This is one of those modifications that you either love it or you hate it.. most of the forum is pretty divided on this one. But then again it's your bike.

I personally think it loks great even wih the curved mono swing arm.. the back looks super clean and tidy. Thiking of ordering it and having it ceramic coated black to blend.Only thing holding me back are sound clips . And from London's descritoin above - I would much prefer a deep throaty sound not lawnmower sound, so I think I may pass and look elsewhere..

I know Belissimoto carries it (<----ad on the left... ) and from what I've ben told, no ECU modifications are needed.

let us know if you find some clips...

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Hello All-

I searched the forum and could only find WASP's sport classic that used this exhaust....

If you know or are using this system, please let me know your thoughts and opinions regarding this system(power, performance, build quality, etc)...pictures would be great.

Where do you buy? I have read (mostly out-dated) comments on the system and would like to get some current opinions, etc...

I love the looks of the system, but not sure about the quality and performance...

Cheers!!!
:)
We supplied the QD Ex-box to WASP as we were the North American importers of the QD at the time. It required modifications to fit and was not a direct bolt-on product.

Build quality is good on the Ex-box, but installation even for the correct intended applications is challenging.

Performance with CAT and DB killer removed on the ex box is similar to most slip-ons with a good free flow DB killer installed. the Ex-box is not a great performance system but better than stock.
The bike will work better with fueling mods such as a re-flash.

-M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts