Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to share my Quat-D dyno and looking for advice for the next mods:

Quat-D exhaust
with Cat
no O2 sensor
DP Race ECU
PCIII USB
airbox stock

power: 84.75 PS (83.59 HP)
torque: 90.91 Nm (67.04 ft-lb)
AFR: ~13 all range

Although the numbers do not suggest an improvement compared to stock setup dyno's the engine runs totally different. I am very happy how smooth the engine is running now. The low range torque dips are gone. I was surprised about the end range power/torque gain, looks to me different compared to dynos of other exhaust systems.

The a.m. results are for my street setup. Before I am running a track map setup w/o cat I want to do some more mods. Since I am a low/mid range torque junky and not too interested in end range power I am not sure what has the most significant impact: air filter, velocity stacks, cams or head ports. Any advice welcome.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Happy to share my Quat-D dyno and looking for advice for the next mods:

Quat-D exhaust
with Cat
no O2 sensor
DP Race ECU
PCIII USB
airbox stock

power: 84.75 PS (83.59 HP)
torque: 90.91 Nm (67.04 ft-lb)
AFR: ~13 all range

Although the numbers do not suggest an improvement compared to stock setup dyno's the engine runs totally different. I am very happy how smooth the engine is running now. The low range torque dips are gone. I was surprised about the end range power/torque gain, looks to me different compared to dynos of other exhaust systems.

The a.m. results are for my street setup. Before I am running a track map setup w/o cat I want to do some more mods. Since I am a low/mid range torque junky and not too interested in end range power I am not sure what has the most significant impact: air filter, velocity stacks, cams or head ports. Any advice welcome.
You did not mention, but you did "open" the stock air-box, right? you can open the top & bottom of the air-box, and install a K&N, BMC, or DNA high performance airfilter.

If you do not want do the normal mods, such as cams, porting, and velocity stacks from TPO or the DucShop, which will make more power in the middle to upper ranges, then all thats left is high compression pistons, which can be bought from the DucShop, the HC pistons will add power everywhere, especially low to mid. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
868 Posts
You did not mention, but you did "open" the stock air-box, right? you can open the top & bottom of the air-box, and install a K&N, BMC, or DNA high performance airfilter.
Does opening both ends benefit? I only have the top opened. If its minor I guess it isn't worth the hassle.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Get the plate!

Does opening both ends benefit? I only have the top opened. If its minor I guess it isn't worth the hassle.
If you want the "MAX" air flow out of your stock airbox, you'll need to open both top & bottom, and install a K&N type element, and if you want to increase the space for air entry into the airbox, get the Dietrichpfeifer airbox lid plate, from www.magicdrillpress.com Aloha Alex

Hyperdookie, address fixed!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My airbox is stock and have not opened it, yet. During todays rainy day I looked into one of you previous posts. Now I know how constraining the box is. I will walk down to my mech to get the K&N with DP lid which he offers in a nice bundle. Seems to me the cheapest mod with great effect. BTW, your link for the lid says SOLD OUT.

Next I am considering to get Pistal HC 98mm pistons or to mill down the cylinder to achieve compression around 11.8:1. But need to investigate a bit more what's the best solution. But will definately stay away from the big bore kit.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
My airbox is stock and have not opened it, yet. During todays rainy day I looked into one of you previous posts. Now I know how constraining the box is. I will walk down to my mech to get the K&N with DP lid which he offers in a nice bundle. Seems to me the cheapest mod with great effect. BTW, your link for the lid says SOLD OUT.

Next I am considering to get Pistal HC 98mm pistons or to mill down the cylinder to achieve compression around 11.8:1. But need to investigate a bit more what's the best solution. But will definately stay away from the big bore kit.
If your after higher compression, go with the HC pistons, as they have deeper valve reliefs cut into them, so you can go to a high lift cam in the future if you want, with no worries about pistons hitting valves.
If you cut the cylinder to increase compression you run the risk of having the piston hitting the valves, and if you ended up not liking the mods, you will not be able to go back to stock. Aloha Alex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts