Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
am looking for a better throttle tube for track use. stock ducati throttle requires too much twisting for use on the track. any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I have seen some posts recommending the tube of aYamaha R1.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
R1 and R6 tubes don't work on any of Gary's bike. XX9 models they do.

You can get a quick throttle cam for the throttle bodies. I haven't tried one, been close to purchasing one, but after enough track time a faster throttle lost priority. There comes a point where you are wringing the bike to the best of your ability, at that point I found no need to alter the length of our longer throttles. It can become very short all on its own.

In less words, track a bit more to see if you really want a shorter duration throttle.

I've been in the same state of mind and experience. I wasn't using all of my throttle and took it personally. Like I had been cheating myself and The Time Machine didn't tell me how much more it had. Now I often laugh when I find the throttle pinned far before I anticipate. Usually in the gear after the first up shift out of a corner.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have a brand new Podium Racing throttle tube I'd sell you. It is this:
Ducati 1098 1098s 1098R Quick Turn Fast Action Throttle Tube Race Track Days | eBay

I'd sell it for $25 shipped. I had my stock throttle break at the track, used one off an R1, then bought this and before I went to the track I ended up getting a motion pro. So this is new.

:EDIT: not 100% sure this would work on your model. Perhaps do some research. If it is the same and Podium Racing simply has many diff listings w/ diff models to appeal to diff. buyers, then you may be good to go with this. not sure.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
916-998 throttle assembly with a 900ss cable. This is what I've used on all my customers bikes. You will need a new dick in the throttle body end. I use the shank of a cheesie 6mm bolt. Cut to size, drill a small hole for the cable, Inert cable, belt with hammer. All done. You may want to take one of the butterfly springs off as the geometry of the short turn assembly makes the throttle feel hard. Get Ann early one (916) as it has a fast idle button on on it.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Not normal.

Race, you got a picture?

Your instructions border on a poor Australian to English translation. What isn't the language over there?

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Not normal.

Race, you got a picture?

Your instructions border on a poor Australian to English translation. What isn't the language over there?
Spell check and lack of proof reading are my downfall :). You should be able to work it out.
Pictures??? If this site let me click and drag you would have them in an instant.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
It will allow you to drag the file.

I was giving you a hard time for fun. It all started with "dick" and "end." After reading that there was no way I was going to leave the comment alone.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have to turn the throttle over 180 degrees and is very hard on my wrist. have read about some using a quarter turn throttle.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Sorry for the derail but does the 916 tube fit the 999?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
916-998 throttle assembly with a 900ss cable. This is what I've used on all my customers bikes. You will need a new dick in the throttle body end. I use the shank of a cheesie 6mm bolt. Cut to size, drill a small hole for the cable, Inert cable, belt with hammer. All done. You may want to take one of the butterfly springs off as the geometry of the short turn assembly makes the throttle feel hard. Get Ann early one (916) as it has a fast idle button on on it.
do you have some photos of what you did. what di you get the "dick" off of? 900ss cable shorter?

·
Registered
364 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
If it was only that easy. No.
But mr X you put one on my 999R and its amazing , looks oem, feels oem , turns not far ...Infact shorter than all the supposed quick turn ugly cabled ones

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
But mr X you put one on my 999R and its amazing , looks oem, feels oem , turns not far ...Infact shorter than all the supposed quick turn ugly cabled ones
can you post pics please jonny rabbit. you know im a bit of a goose when it comes to posting pics.:)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts