Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are 1/4 turn throttles available for our bikes? I'd like to get one for my 748 track bike.
If so, where can i purcase one.
thanks!
K

·
Registered
709 Posts
stock ducati throttles are already 1/4 turn [90 degree] If you notch and slip a piece of paper behind the grip, mark the seam and rotate it you will see what I mean.
I agree though, there are times when It seems like more.

But this will shorten it up a bit. They sell for $50.00

http://www.electraeon.com/throttlecam.html

I bought one for my 748, but sold the bike before I got around to putting it on. It won't work on my SS [different @ the throttle body]

$30 bucks will make it yours.

PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
blade625CT said:
stock ducati throttles are already 1/4 turn [90 degree] If you notch and slip a piece of paper behind the grip, mark the seam and rotate it you will see what I mean.
I agree though, there are times when It seems like more.

But this will shorten it up a bit. They sell for $50.00

http://www.electraeon.com/throttlecam.html

I bought one for my 748, but sold the bike before I got around to putting it on. It won't work on my SS [different @ the throttle body]

$30 bucks will make it yours.

PM me if you are interested.
Do you know if those fit the 999 series?

·
Registered
709 Posts
MV_999R said:
Do you know if those fit the 999 series?
I honestly couldn't say, I've never had the opportunity to look at a 999 engine. But, if you pull your rt side fairing off and look closely at the stock throttle cam, you should be able to tell if it looks like the one pictured on the left. The SS and Superbike cams [at least prior to the newer versions with the 5.9 ecu's] look identical, except for angle of the mounting hole.

I tried to compare cam part #'s...but DNA parts book doesn't list the cam as a separate part [damn]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts