Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Quarantine Projects?

8K views 52 replies 21 participants last post by  fastfinch 
#1 ·
Isaac Newton, during the Great Plague in London, spent a year or so "quarantined" away from school at Woolsthorpe Manor. During that time he came up with early calculus, theory of optics, and a better understanding of gravity and motion.

Since most of us are quarantined to our homes what are you good folks working on to pass the time? Maybe some great mods and upgrades can come from this time in solitude. Or as someone put it: "the streaming on Netflix and PH are about to skyrocket." =)

Please share away.

#40 ·
I get to telework a lot anyway but since my travel has been curtailed I have been able to play around with a few things in the last couple of months. I built a helmet/jacket rack for my daughter and I and cured a pork loin for some charcuterie fun. I'm a little rusty welding and silicon bronze rod is different to work with but still kinda fun. Now I just need to get my jeep squared away to sell and make room in the garage for a motorcycle lift.

#43 ·
Even though we’re no longer quarantined here I got a project anyway. I was going to take the 999 out for a spin but she won’t start. :(

Fuel pump won’t prime. So I popped in a spare pump and still no joy. I got power to the connector so noooooooooo, please don’t tell me it’s another wiring harness gone bad in the base of the pump assembly. Fucking Ducati’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#47 ·
Even though we’re no longer quarantined here I got a project anyway. I was going to take the 999 out for a spin but she won’t start. :(

Fuel pump won’t prime. So I popped in a spare pump and still no joy. I got power to the connector so noooooooooo, please don’t tell me it’s another wiring harness gone bad in the base of the pump assembly. Fucking Ducati’s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fuel pump relay? Common problem on these bikes.

#44 ·
Not quite a Quarantine project but I continue to work on it. Latest was new gaskets for the inner and outer primary drive cases, oil pump and rocker boxes. Then I installed the classic mufflers (repros) cause I like the looks. Got only a quarter size drip of oil under the primary this morning. I'm calling that a successful repair.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

#51 ·
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

I finally finished this, a 1972 CB750. Aside from this, I'm still working on stuff that's not running, building a Moto Giro Duc 250, and the usual flying scale models.

Reactions: fastfinch
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.