Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Not quarantined, as I said above. But, I'll play along anyway.

After almost two years, I finally got around to finishing the refurb of a 4" ground drill vise. It needed a new main screw and some other fiddly work to make it all nicey-nice.

I made it from threaded rod and brazed a 1/2" ball bearing on the end. Then I had to drill out the handle end to fit it on the new screw. Through drill it again for the handle.

Handle needed a new end so I made one in the lathe. In case I ever need to take it apart, it's held on with Loctite 680.

The hardest bit was machining the groove in the main screw for the set screw that keeps the dynamic jaw and the main screw together. Lots of trial and error to get it working the way I want it to.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Boredom has caused me to swap rims between the Streetfighter and the Multistrada. Stimulating the economy so having a local shop swap the tires and rotors right now.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
I'll go ahead call this one a 'quarantine project' AND a 'civil disobedience project' at the same time since I went to a freind's the other day to pick it up, shoot the shit, and have a few beers (properly distance, of course). Wilton 'tilt' vise. 4" x 4" jaws/opening. Works well enough. Missing the pipe jaw inserts (later ones had them cast in). No idea how old but, it's pretty cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I'll go ahead call this one a 'quarantine project' AND a 'civil disobedience project' at the same time since I went to a freind's the other day to pick it up, shoot the shit, and have a few beers (properly distance, of course). Wilton 'tilt' vise. 4" x 4" jaws/opening. Works well enough. Missing the pipe jaw inserts (later ones had them cast in). No idea how old but, it's pretty cool.
Oh nice I would restore that to a pristine condition.

·
Flying Brit
1,806 Posts
I've been flat out daily now half way through my 3rd Corona project and will be starting the 4th one this weekend
91065112_10158173708772258_3908272114527895552_o.jpg
999R_Motocorse.jpg

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Oh nice I would restore that to a pristine condition.
Already in process. All parts are stripped bare. Ordered a oiled bronze bushing for the main screw (the only mod I'll making). Prime/paint over the next several days.

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Bushing test fitted. Just need to face it off about .020" for zero backlash of the screw. Then prime/paint, lube, and assemble. The screw, swivel, and tilt lock hardware will be gun blued and waxed to prevent rust. Battle scars will be left alone since they don't affect functionality.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I'm a newbie to this site. I am looking for turn signals for Ducati Sport Classic 1000 SE. Any website recommendations or after market stuff I'm up for. Thank You.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Hi, I'm a newbie to this site. I am looking for turn signals for Ducati Sport Classic 1000 SE. Any website recommendations or after market stuff I'm up for. Thank You.
I use these, and they work great! The adapters are straight plug and play into the stock headlight bracket, all you need is to buy the motogadget turn signals.

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
I'm in IS (Information Systems but laymen can call it "IT") so if there's an internet connection then I can work. Since I normally work from home once a week, and now it's every day since March 9th, I technically have more time due to the loss of a daily commute, but in reality I end up putting in more hours. I like my job so it's not a complaint.

I actually like this "stay at home" because the lack of traffic is wonderful! And with Oregon getting beautifully dry days it actually sucks that I don't have my commute! LOL :LOL: Endless stuff to do as a homeowner but I got a bonus from work and used it to get my monoposto dyno tuned (finally!): What Did You Do To Your SC Today?

I also used it to finally splurge and get a ramp that fits my needs: 9' Long Black Widow 4-Beam Aluminum Folding Arched Motorcycle Ramp
I got the 9' model in black. Love it.

I am also putting together my 2.2L air-cooled Type III Volkswagen engine after it's been sitting for a couple years. At some point I'll get my Jetta Mk.III engine into our '76 VW Bus, once I get the engine removed from the car itself :rolleyes:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Was laid off last week. Lot's of time to putter around.

Spent today uploading the DP map to my ECU and modifying the airbox. Soooo much better with my Silmotor cans. No more crappy stock map and FatDuc 02 manipulator (if any one wants the 02 manipulator let me know). The bike feels much, much better now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Was laid off last week. Lot's of time to putter around.

Spent today uploading the DP map to my ECU and modifying the airbox. Soooo much better with my Silmotor cans. No more crappy stock map and FatDuc 02 manipulator (if any one wants the 02 manipulator let me know). The bike feels much, much better now.
now that you have so much extra time you should do a how to post

·
Registered
65 Posts
I get to telework a lot anyway but since my travel has been curtailed I have been able to play around with a few things in the last couple of months. I built a helmet/jacket rack for my daughter and I and cured a pork loin for some charcuterie fun. I'm a little rusty welding and silicon bronze rod is different to work with but still kinda fun. Now I just need to get my jeep squared away to sell and make room in the garage for a motorcycle lift.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts