Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Lexol is good stuff. Recommended to me by Z Custom when I bought my Z suit.
A 3 liter jug might be a lifetime supply as slow as I go through it.

I need more saddle soap soon though. Works for cleaning off the bug guts and stuff before the Lexol.
OK, it's mostly bug guts.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Lexol cleaner is very good on bugs and easier to use than saddlesoap, imo. Did a good job on removing a small oil stain too.

$17 for 3L. The conditioner is about double that for 3L.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I’ll give it a go. I’ve been meaning to clean bugs off a couple of jackets for some time now. Where do I buy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
721 Posts
3 liter jugs! Got the boots done, full suits done, working on the daily rider jackets now. House smells like a tannery! (or a BDSM den, whatever,...)

View attachment 986839
Nice leathers!
I have the Ducati race replicas with the Cagiva Elefant on the back but they're Texport, those Dainese ones are so rare now!
The Rothmans ones are nice too, are they both "Lawson" replicas?

I've just gone and done mine recently, i use shampoo (the stuff you wash your hair with) and a car wash mitt to clean them, then i chamois them off. After that i treat them with this stuff

LTD4560.jpg

If i wipe it on and let them hang for a few days most of it gets absorbed and there's very little to buff off, leaves them buttery soft and they don't mark up as easily.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, Lawson vintage stuff.

I've not heard of that stuff but the bees wax content seems interesting. The Dainese treatments from the 80's had avocado and olive oil mentioned, and it was waxy too - guess that is part of the reason they have lasted so long.

I don't think the Lexol conditioner has any wax in it, doesn't feel like it. Washing your hands afterwards feels more like a greased pig competition but it foams up quick and leaves you with very soft hands. Unfortunately this undid years of toughening up my fingers for guitar playing.

With the climate I ride in I don't need wax waterproofing but UV protection and fatty nutrients to keep the leather from cracking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts