Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a suitable set for my 998 mono street bike w/Ohlins, mag wheels, etc. to be painted like 996R/998R (or possibly dry/matte carbon, if the layup is really nice.)

Seems like some reputable vendors from when I last shopped years ago have moved on to newer stuff. I'm not interested in chopper gun, glass backed cosmetic carbon from Asia

Can one still find street quality fit, light, thin, vacuum bag/autoclaved, etc?

What is the BEST that's still readily available?

What is the BEST VALUE?

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Corsa Garage, real deal quality and price but worth it.
Aye, I got a 998R tail for my 998R that only came with the race tail; excellent quality. I was planning on a full set of spare panels but Hurricane Michael changed my funding a bit...

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Corsa Garage, real deal quality and price but worth it.
Nice. And I'm local to them.

I like the pics of the backs of the pieces with vacuum bag marks on them.

·
Matt
696 Posts
Speed Carbon is a good source. Former CM Composite (no longer in business) employees started a new company called Speed Carbon and they are using the CM Composite molds. Great quality and consistent with what CM sold back in the day. I believe Speed Carbon doesn't sell direct - - so sources such as Forza Moto or Ducatiparts-Online are good places to go to. Speed Carbon doesn't stock everything, especially the low volume stuff, but they have all of the CM molds and will make anything that CM used to make. If it's not stocked it might take some time as some of the parts are made to order.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Speed Carbon is a good source. Former CM Composite (no longer in business) employees started a new company called Speed Carbon and they are using the CM Composite molds. Great quality and consistent with what CM sold back in the day. I believe Speed Carbon doesn't sell direct - - so sources such as Forza Moto or Ducatiparts-Online are good places to go to. Speed Carbon doesn't stock everything, especially the low volume stuff, but they have all of the CM molds and will make anything that CM used to make. If it's not stocked it might take some time as some of the parts are made to order.
Thank you. Having used and sold CM Composit over the years, I was disappointed to see they were no longer in business after I stepped away for a bit. Great to hear about Speed Carbon, I'll be contacting them at some point.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also happy to hear CM may be back in some form. Years ago I had a very nice Corse upper fairing/air intakes/airbox combo from them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
That's funny, I got a couple pieces from Corsa Garage recently and told Justin it reminded me of the CM Composit stuff I used to get. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts