Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone,

is it possible to swap the new 696 headlight to the older 'round' headlight ?

I am thinking about getting the new 696, but I just dont like the new
headlight look.

thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
Hi there... Brand new to the board(also member on ducatimonster.org), and thought I would make my first post a response to this...

I just did this exact swap... 696 headlight to single 7" round headlight... I ordered mine from xpostreetfighter.com

It wasnt an easy mod. For one thing, you have to make new brackets for the gauge to mount on, since the gauge is attached to the stock headlight bracket. I used two strips of aluminum which were cut, bent, and had holes drilled so the gauge could mount up. I also used rubber washers for vibration dampening.

Second, I had to cut the brackets that came with the headlight. The way the brackets come, they are way way way too long. The headlight sticks out about 5 inches and just looks odd...

I then had all the parts powdercoated black.

Here are some pics... also with my custom oil cooler(100$ vs the $400 one from DP)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would this work the reverse? A 696 on a 695? I liek the new headlights much more than the round ones. If it it was possible it would be very awesome.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Would this work the reverse? A 696 on a 695? I liek the new headlights much more than the round ones. If it it was possible it would be very awesome.
Anything should be able to work.... Will probably take some fabrication of mounts and brackets...

·
Registered
5 Posts
could you please give more detail on your custom oil cooler... I am interested!

What is the brand and reference of your wind protection (I do not the word in English!)?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Here are some of the bike without the windscreen on... Definitely looks better IMO, but not practical for riding on freeway.... This winter adding on some new bars which will clean up the front end a ton... Also, new decals, CORSE rearsets. and Ohlins steering damper have been added...(Sorry for pic quality, they are from my Iphone)

One with windscreen

1 - 8 of 8 Posts