Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
11,252 Posts
Martin, I'm sorry. I know you bring us the most parts for our bikes and do it faster than anybody.
I appreciate you guys very much and I know the slips from every exhaust manufacturer are not your fault.
But I'm really getting tired of seeing no innovative full systems for the SF.
Moto, you and Shift tech are the only ones who've even done it!

You guys are great! and thanks for showing all the new offerings - please keep it up! I'm just frustrated.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
They just look like the originals with carbon on but a bit smaller...How much are them ????

By the way i dont want them just curious to find out how much dearer they are than doing your own, which in essence is what they look like, the originals with a carbon sleeve

Been there , done that

·
Registered
13 Posts
Why is everything CARBON FIBER!?? I do not like it because it's so over done all the time on everything. One of the reasons I got the base StreetFighter was because it doesn't have any carbon fiber. I want to keep it that way. Every single new slip on muffler is a hideous carbon fiber. Most aftermarket parts are carbon fiber, WHY!? Am I the only one on earth that doesn't want carbon fiber?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
another HUGE disappointment! :mad::mad::mad:

Just another company trying to push two in-house mufflers slapped on to the stock pipes!

CRAP! come on QD, you know what we want here!!!!
:sleep::sleep::sleep:
QD got a Streetfighter at the end of September.

The canisters that he introduced as slip ons can be used for his high pipe system that he is working on. He purposely made them thinner so they can tuck in tighter. His high pipe system will require a new CF undertray--so it won't be inexpensive.

He is considering a higher mounted OE style that shows off the wheel better - using the same canisters.

When he was here this summer, we talked about a single MOTO GP style can.
The single canister design may not pass EU sound restrictions- so that may not happen.

The problem is: the SF market is very small. They need scalabilty because the design time and testing eats up a lot of man hours. It seems everyone wants a different design. Everyone wants a custom design at a production pipe price.
It is hard to do and stay in business that way.

-M

·
Bon Vivant
11,252 Posts
Moto, You have the undertail type system covered if you ask me.

I think there are a lot of SF owners looking for a low short GP style system.

I would love to see a cleaner higher OE style system too, one that replaces the clumsy OE rear pipe section.
But, the skinny QD mufflers are not attractive in my opinion.

Why not an Exbox? in Carbon!!! :D

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why is everything CARBON FIBER!?? I do not like it because it's so over done all the time on everything. One of the reasons I got the base StreetFighter was because it doesn't have any carbon fiber. I want to keep it that way. Every single new slip on muffler is a hideous carbon fiber. Most aftermarket parts are carbon fiber, WHY!? Am I the only one on earth that doesn't want carbon fiber?
This is an aluminum canister:
Motowheels SF High Pipe Exhaust System

This is a stainless steel can:
CW Streetfighter Slip-on Exhaust

The QD canister is available in aluminum or titanium as well. The exhaust tip is magnesium.

-M

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
YES.........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeah, but I don't like those other ones. :eek: I guess I am like everybody else in the fact that I want something different. I would like to see an all black (pipes and cans) that looks something like the system on the Sport 1000's but over under style still. Maybe oval shaped too! I want it to be nice and light, sound awesome, and be super cheap. So, that shouldn't be too hard right?! :D

·
Bon Vivant
11,252 Posts
I would like to see an all black (pipes and cans) that looks something like the system on the Sport 1000's but over under style still. Maybe oval shaped too! I want it to be nice and light, sound awesome, and be super cheap. So, that shouldn't be too hard right?
You want the Wallmart edition...

I want the F1 edition :cool:

BTW, almost all of the exhaust slips offered come in stainless or Ti... There are many on the market, Akro, Remus, Termi, FMF, - if you want slips.

(PS, love your Frenchie!)

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, but I don't like those other ones. :eek: I guess I am like everybody else in the fact that I want something different. I would like to see an all black (pipes and cans) that looks something like the system on the Sport 1000's but over under style still. Maybe oval shaped too! I want it to be nice and light, sound awesome, and be super cheap. So, that shouldn't be too hard right?! :D
Get someone to build an exhaust for you.

Customizing a bike does not have to consist of all bolt on parts out of some catalog.

-M

·
Registered
2,124 Posts

Sorry, but you cant have ALL of those things together. Unless you go the DIY route, you wil never get anything that you want for cheap money. These lads needs to build prototypes & test them on dyno,s etc etc
You only get what you pay for & if you buy shit you buy twice.....
Have a go at doing your own. There are many posts with links to part sites. You will then get the one off that you crave & the satisfction that you have done it all on yer lonesome..
Even then you will find its not that cheap. I reckon my cans cost say £150 for the parts BUT if you worked out a day for doing them instead of being at work, thats £300, plus if you coat them black thats £250. Also the cost for a few dyno runs to check the running £60 . Then you have nearly bought a set from someone

Good luck in you quest to find some, Dont forget you have a Ducati & as such need to pay Ducati prices...I know its not fair , but life isnt

Oh & dont forget you payed £14000 for the bike so sticking cheap shit on it is not an option....

If your after sport 1000 type cans then try the Zards, which IMHO dont look right for the bike. Its a modern machine not a retro copy, but go for it. If everyone was the same then life would be boring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts