Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These came with the exhaust. Annitori thought they were for emissions tests?

I'd like to quiet the exhaust a bit...it's a straight-shot from the pipes through the cans...wonder if there's a way?

Mat

·
Registered
196 Posts
Bin em

·
Registered
141 Posts
I must say that those are the best looking pipes for the Multi. I love the dual black on black!!!!!!

Do u have a sound clip of those beauties?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Sweet looking setup! Strange they didn't come with a DB killer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
These came with the exhaust. Annitori thought they were for emissions tests?

I'd like to quiet the exhaust a bit...it's a straight-shot from the pipes through the cans...wonder if there's a way?

Mat

I see you also have the centre stand fitted.....I'm having my QD system fitted on Wednesday, and bearing in mind the 'trouble' Tripletrouble had with his system, how does yours fit? Any problems with the centre stand (and spring) clearing the bracket on the exhaust?

Also, did you fit any rubber (or anything) between the actual centre stand and the metal bracket? Or is it metal touching metal? Any problems or issues there?

Thanks in advance....

David

·
Premium Member
12,446 Posts
That is a fine looking exhaust...
The catalytic converters may quiet it down to a more pleasing level for the sunday morning rides, and the long hauls , where the sound /music can get bothersome, on the ears .
Hey too loud is too loud, some music is meant to be heard at a lower level.(Dynamic range is the term)
Tossing then or binning them may cost you in the future when the pollution control POLICE ,comes to your town.(maybe sooner than you think)

It doesn't have to be ear splitting loud to sound good.
My main reason for not getting aftermarket pipes is finding some that are at an acceptable level in the sound (noise) department.And some that look good.
Now I have seen the good looking pipes, Now if someone comes out with pipes that sound good and not TOO LOUD, I may spring for them...
Of course some like the sound of LOUD pipes , others like myself can live with the more subduded level of quieter pipes , but not as quiet as stock...

The center stand rubber bumper will deteriorate with the heat of the exhaust, I have put a good sized BLOB of High Heat silicone rubber and added some fireblanket (Muffler wrap) to the exhaust bracket bumper which is held on by more high heat silicone...

One can smell the bumpers burning after a ride as they melt away...
The stock bumpers do not line up exactly on the stock set up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
That is a fine looking exhaust...
The catalytic converters may quiet it down to a more pleasing level for the sunday morning rides, and the long hauls , where the sound /music can get bothersome, on the ears .
Hey too loud is too loud, some music is meant to be heard at a lower level.(Dynamic range is the term)
Tossing then or binning them may cost you in the future when the pollution control POLICE ,comes to your town.(maybe sooner than you think)

It doesn't have to be ear splitting loud to sound good.
My main reason for not getting aftermarket pipes is finding some that are at an acceptable level in the sound (noise) department.And some that look good.
Now I have seen the good looking pipes, Now if someone comes out with pipes that sound good and not TOO LOUD, I may spring for them...
Of course some like the sound of LOUD pipes , others like myself can live with the more subduded level of quieter pipes , but not as quiet as stock...

The center stand rubber bumper will deteriorate with the heat of the exhaust, I have put a good sized BLOB of High Heat silicone rubber and added some fireblanket (Muffler wrap) to the exhaust bracket bumper which is held on by more high heat silicone...

One can smell the bumpers burning after a ride as they melt away...
The stock bumpers do not line up exactly on the stock set up.
Interesting....do you have any pictures? ....

·
Premium Member
12,446 Posts

The rubber bumper part # is 764.1.063.1A
The fire blanket is silicone infused fiberglass or ceramic wrap ???and I used High heat silicone to glue it on with a clamp till it set up .
The blanket is industrial use stuff and is hugely expensive thousands a roll and they use it once and in the garbage...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Aha, yes I see.... That makes sense. I have taken the cat off, so no longer have that problem, but you are absolutely right, if you do retain the cat, then it 'melts' the rubber bung.

I'm waiting to see what the QDs will be like, bearing in mind the trouble Tripletrouble had....hence my interest in Mat's setup...it looks like the centre stand and 'stopper' line up very well, but I can't tell if it is metal to metal, or if there is a thin slice of rubber (or something) in there.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It's metal to metal. The stopper is quite weak as well. It will bend with repeated "thumps" from the centrestand plus it leaves the centrestand too low when folded IMHO. OK for touring, not for everyday use. I'm looking at modifying it on mine when weather permits so I can leave the centrestand on for spirited riding. Or I may cut it off completely and look for another solution that works.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's metal to metal. The stopper is quite weak as well. It will bend with repeated "thumps" from the centrestand plus it leaves the centrestand too low when folded IMHO. OK for touring, not for everyday use. I'm looking at modifying it on mine when weather permits so I can leave the centrestand on for spirited riding. Or I may cut it off completely and look for another solution that works.
Yes, you had said.... I can't quite make out on Mat's picture if he has maybe put some "something" between tough.

I've heard of someone who put some rubber there..may have been you, I can't remember...so was interested to hear from Mat what he did/thought of the fit.

In many ways it is immaterial, as the QDs are fitted on Wednesday, but it would be good to hear from Mat anyway to hear about his experiences.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I notice you folks have the Ducati center stand- How about the SW Motech center stand? Does it have the same issues?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think the center stand stop works fine. This is my 2nd QD and after several thousand miles on my '10 MTS I hadn't seen any bending. It does stop the CS a little below level so aesthetically I'd prefer it a bit higher, but it hasn't caused any functional issues. Metal on metal, but again, hasn't caused me any problems.

Annitori...think it was $1200. The first one I bought had the Ti ends (and the green in the logo). I think it looked cool but those brushed metal tips were hard to clean.

Wierd, over the past week the sound seems less sharp staccato and a bit more mellowed. The bike adjusted it's fueling maybe? Regardless, come Fall I'll be riding back to Oregon to have Motocorsa install the Bazzaz and dyno tune it. It was awesome on my '10...went from really good to perfect (fueling).

Mat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts